main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Buying a sure signal

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Since the darlings at vodafone decided to stop selling sure signals mine decided to burn out.

Anyone know where I can get one from (other than ebay)?

Thanks

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi,

My sure signal has failed and the vodafone darlings have decided to stop selling them.

I cannot use wifi calling or 3g, 2g etc so I need a signal booster.

Can anyone recommend a UK legal signal booster?

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @maureendickson 

I would suggest looking at this advise from Ofcom:  Mobile phone repeaters – what you need to know 

Inexpensive mobile repeaters are available through Amazon but to get a decent repeater that will do do job you will be looking at spending over £300.00.   If you use Google, you will be able to find online sites dealing in mobile repeaters.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for your input. I have looked at the ofcom advice and it seems nearly all the boosters listed on google are actually illegal in the UK.

Hence my original post. I'm looking for the names of known legal signal boosters in the UK. The only one I have found in Cel-Fi (or something like that) and they are very expensive.

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

As you can't buy through Vodafone anymore if your manufacturers warranty has elapsed then the only options are ebay or maybe someone you know. 

From 1 July 19 the terms and conditions for Sure Signal changed. For any customer buying a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has moved from two years to one year.

Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30 April 2020 but Vodafone will replace a SS that is still under warranty as far as I'm aware. 

They have done this because the Sure Signal is seen as old tech as it uses 3G however as many only still get 3G I personally do not see 3G as an older type of connection and so and now have moved towards Calling Over WiFi for eligible phones and tariffs but at the moment this feature does not support texting.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

You'll need to be sure the original owner has de registered it and it's been used within the last 12 months or it will be permanently barred.

If not used within 3 months a temporary bar can have been placed.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Amazon are selling stock they acquired from Vodafone at present, the price today was £135! I managed to get mine repaired by Andy Fraser in Fleet, Hangs.

View more options