cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can a Sure Signal v3 frequency be changed?

vdmvdm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am trying to setup a multiple Sure Signal (SS) verison 3 device solution which appears to encounter issues after 1 unit is plugged in.  Which I believe points to a SS frequency issue.  I am yet to find evidence that multiple SS devices cannot be installed in a single office (1 floor, open plan), however if this is not possible due to a device frequency, am I able to change the device frequency?

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

The generic advice was that multiple ss devices could be used as li g as broadband speeds were strong enough. 

However I think I read a previous recent post where they had been advised this was no longer the case. 

I'll see if I can find that post for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers

Fyi, broadband speed is not an issue in my solution.  I originally plugged 3x SS units into a 6-way power block so this gives you an idea of their proximity to each other.

Cheers

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vdmvdm

We can't guarantee that the Sure Signal will connect if you have more than one device plugged in. It would depend on the strength of your broadband signal as to whether they would work successfully.

We're unable to change the device frequency. If you find you're having trouble connecting two devices, please just connect one and see how you get on.  

Thanks @ChazzD

To confirm, broadband speed is not the issue.

One SS device works fine.  As soon as i plug in another SS the mobile phone bars drops.  Having spend considerable time on testing, I'm keen to know if this is a frequency related issue.  I suspect it is, however I cannot find any evidence supporting this.  There seems to be a lack of documentation on how may devices can be connected at once.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Many thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vdmvdm You're able to register up to 32 devices to one Sure Signal - however you'd only be able to use up to 8 devices at a time. 

@Alex Thank you.  I was aware of the limitation, which is the reason I would like to install more then one SS device.  I'm still hopefull someone can provide evidence that multiple SS's can be installed in close proximity to each other and that there is no issue with the frequency.  So far I can only get 1 device working.

Many thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vdmvdm Can you please confirm that when one device is working, the other is off and vice versa. 

Hi Alex. Yes, this is correct.  Only one device is working regardless of how many SS's are plugged in

Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @vdmvdm,

When using multiple Sure Signal devices in close proximity, the connection will be affected.

This can mean that the area of the 3G coverage in the office, or the strength of the signal, decreases. As you've mentioned that you're using more than one Sure Signal device on one floor, this would affect the signal generated.

Please ensure that when the Sure Signals are plugged in, they're spread out around the room as this should help with the signal's coverage.