main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Can't add users to Sure Signal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have registered a new Sure Signal device. Now when I try to add users to it, I get an error every time saying that there has been a technical error, try again later.

This happened when I set up my other Sure Signal device some time ago. I would have thought that by now you would have made the process a bit more resilient!

Please can you sort this out? Serial number of the SS is: 40131556371

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well I have to report that the problem is now solved.

I went to the house and the VSS still had a flashing red power LED and solid orange Users LED. I moved the VSS to another network point and this time there was a flashing red power LED and solid orange Service and Users LEDs. This was alternating with solid red power LED and flashing white Internet LED.

After a couple of hours of this, with no change, I checked the router and found that the VSS had been assigned an IP address by DHCP, but the UPnP table was empty, despite UPnP being enabled in the router settings. So I set up the necessary port forwards manually, and after a couple of minutes, the power led went solid red and the Internet and Service LEDs were solid white.

After that, I was able to add the five users' phone numbers to the device in the online account with no problem.

Having endured this saga, I would like to highlight the following:

1)  The SS device will not work in one particular network socket in the house, despite two laptops and a wireless access point working in that socket without problem (even when connected with the Modem ethernet cable supplied with the SS). Why is it so fussy regarding the network connection?

2)  There was no sign of the SS managing to set up the necessary port forwarding with the UPnP protocol, despite being left for a couple of hours. Why did I need to manually set up the port forwarding?  I also note that there is no mention in your guidelines of the need to fix the IP address of the SS device if you have manually set up port forwarding; if the router reassigns a new IP address to the SS, the port forwarding rules will no longer point to the SS's address, so its connection will once again fail.

3)  Was I getting the errors when trying to add users because the SS wasn't connected to your servers? If so, please can you make the error message actually say what the problem is?!

Thanks.

View more options
18 REPLIES 18
Moderator (Retired)

Hi trickyricky,

I’ve taken a look at the registration and you should be able to add the users as it is showing as active, although it still hasn’t connected to our server.

I’d clear your cache and cookies on you web browser and try again but if this still doesn’t work we can add the numbers manually if you contact the team here.

Before doing this, we do need to get the Sure Signal working properly for you and I would start by looking at our troubleshooting guide.

James

View more options

I tried with three different browsers and the result was the same error message.

I will check the device tomorrow (Thursday) and make sure all the lights are on. I don't know why it hasn't connected to your servers as it is plugged into a switch connected to the main router which is a Sky Wireless Router. Everything else connected to that network works properly, from getting an IP address via DHCP to forwarding ports with UPnP.

Have this device needing so much close attention when it should be "plug and play" is very frustrating and extremely time consuming, to say the least!

View more options

Well I have to report that the problem is now solved.

I went to the house and the VSS still had a flashing red power LED and solid orange Users LED. I moved the VSS to another network point and this time there was a flashing red power LED and solid orange Service and Users LEDs. This was alternating with solid red power LED and flashing white Internet LED.

After a couple of hours of this, with no change, I checked the router and found that the VSS had been assigned an IP address by DHCP, but the UPnP table was empty, despite UPnP being enabled in the router settings. So I set up the necessary port forwards manually, and after a couple of minutes, the power led went solid red and the Internet and Service LEDs were solid white.

After that, I was able to add the five users' phone numbers to the device in the online account with no problem.

Having endured this saga, I would like to highlight the following:

1)  The SS device will not work in one particular network socket in the house, despite two laptops and a wireless access point working in that socket without problem (even when connected with the Modem ethernet cable supplied with the SS). Why is it so fussy regarding the network connection?

2)  There was no sign of the SS managing to set up the necessary port forwarding with the UPnP protocol, despite being left for a couple of hours. Why did I need to manually set up the port forwarding?  I also note that there is no mention in your guidelines of the need to fix the IP address of the SS device if you have manually set up port forwarding; if the router reassigns a new IP address to the SS, the port forwarding rules will no longer point to the SS's address, so its connection will once again fail.

3)  Was I getting the errors when trying to add users because the SS wasn't connected to your servers? If so, please can you make the error message actually say what the problem is?!

Thanks.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi trickyricky, 

Thanks you for letting us know it's now working. 

I'm afraid I can't answer why it worked in one socket but not another. There is no way of us looking into that unfortunately. 

It is more than likely that the errors were due to no connection between the SS and the servers. It would make it easier if this was explained in the error message, we can feed this back but I can't guarantee this will be changed. 

Many thanks, 

Kay

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi

I have a similar problem. I registered my wifes phone but it has stopped connecting.

My Sure Signal Serial Number is 40131563419

I also cannot work out how to add another number via the My Account settings. All I keep getting asked to do is register but I have already done that

I also have a problem in that the Sure Signal switches itself off whilst I'm talking cutting me off. It  then starts up again

Thanks in anticipation

IslanderUK

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi islanderuk,

If you log into the online account that the Sure Signal is register to, click manage Sure Signal and you will then be able to manage the access control list from there.

In regards to your wife’s number, the registration looks fine with two numbers active, however it can take 24 hours for it to connect to a new number.

James

View more options
I have the same issue with standard error message on the site when adding a second user. The SS is connected and working on first number but can't add a second
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Pedsteruk,

So that we can look into this further please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt

View more options

Unable to add users to a newly registered sure signal. Happens every time we register a new one. Same error as before;

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.
Serial Number:42152719607 
Status active
Location Postcode KA6 5HD 
Date of registration 11/05/2016 09:11:36

Had this issue with pretty much every sure signal we have set up in the last 2 years.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@ST1985

We were aware of an issue adding new users which has now been resolved.

Please reset your Sure Signal and try again. 

If you're still having difficulties, our Live Chat team can add these for you.

View more options

cannot add new user to Sure Signal. Get error message.

View more options

Please see our Sure Signal help guide for more information on how to do this @DickForster. If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll be happy to take a look.

View more options

I've been trying for the last 2 days to add a new user to my SureSignal but keep getting this error:-

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [Error ref 1m2]

Is there a problem with adding users at the moment or is there something about the number I'm trying to add.

Thanks

View more options

Ok, so reading the previous replies to this kind of issue it looks like this number (one of three mcontracts I have) is not in the suresignal database.

This number was ported but 12 months ago and it has previously been added to a different sure signal.

I'm not sure I have the energy to use the online chat AGAIN.  It was painful a few days ago when they said they would get it fixed.  Can someone from Vodafone reading this please help?

Thanks

View more options

We're not currently aware of any problems adding users to Sure Signals @tobybuk. You can get more information aboutadding new users to your Sure Signal online. If you're still experiening difficulties, please see our troubleshooting guide.

View more options

I've read all the guides but as there is no mention of what to do if you recieve the error below I'm a bit stuffed.

Just tried again and same problem,  When I try and add this particular user I get:-

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [Error ref 1a2]

I did use the chat support and they promised it would be fixed withing 24 hours.  Its 36 hours now and I've heard nothing.

Please can someone look into this please? 

View more options

After twice being promised by online chat support they would fix this I still am unable to add a new user to my suresignal.

Please please can someone at Vodafone help me?  I've read all the trouble shooting guides and tried upwards of 50 times to add this user but no joy.  All I keep getting is:-

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [Error ref 1a2]

I suspect that this number is somehow not being recognised as a Vodafone number (just a hunch) BUT I ported this number to Vodafone over a year ago.  

Toby

View more options

@tobybuk I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems trying to add a user to your Sure Signal. 

As the link provided by @Mark didn't work, we'll need to take a closer look into this for you. 

So we can access your account and get your user added, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch 😊

View more options