Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't add users to Sure Signal

marriar
4: Newbie

I bought a new sure signal last week to replace a v2 model which had died.  It has registered on the system OK and my own phone is working fine with it, but when I try to add the other Vodafone numbers which use it in our house I get the message: (screen grab attached)

! Sorry there seems to be a problem, we're working hard to fix the issue, please try again later......:500,2011-[2m1]

Have tried several times over the last 48 hours, but it's still not working despite Vodafone's continuing hard work to fix it.

Looking at the other posts around this issue, this seems to have been a problem for a while for some people, have you got any advice to resolve it please?

thanks

marriar

(screen grab attached)

7 REPLIES 7

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marriar So we can ensure that your numbers are added successfully, please speak to us on Live Chat :Smiling:

Hi Jon,

I tried live chat yesterday and was told it would be fixed in 30 mins time but it's still not working. 

Last week I got through to the tech support team on 191 and was told the problem would be fixed in 72 hours, but it hasn't been.

Since last week the number I want to add is now showing on the account as added to the sure signal, so someone has done something, but it is not working.   The phone is seeing a signal from the sure signal (getting 5 bars) but the phone won't connect to the vodafone network, and says "emergency calls only".    I have tried turning the phone on and off again (several times), and changing the 2G/3G settings on the phone but to no joy.   This same phone connected with my old sure signal with no problems.    My own phone is working fine with the new sure signal.

Can you help please?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marriar So we can investigate why this may be happening, please let us know the following:

• Does the phone connect to the network when you're in other locations away from the Sure Signal?
  • When inserting the SIM in another phone, does this show the emergency calls only message?

Please also complete a manual roam and let us know how you get on. 

Please also let us know your Sure Signal serial number (this can be located on the back of the device).

Natasha,

The phone connects OK to the regular vodafone network in areas where there is OK signal.

If I swap SIMs with my own phone which is working fine with the sure signal the fault follows the SIM.   My wifes phone connects to the sure signal when using my SIM.

We both have PAYG SIM's.

I tried the link in your post to the manual roam, but it only linked to a device guide?

My sure signal serial number is 42172971121

Roger

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marriar I've now resynchronised your Sure Signal to help with this.
Please allow six hours before resetting the device.

Please keep us updated.

at last!

the errant phone is now communicating with the sure signal!

thanks very much for your help.

regards,

Roger

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marriar That's great to hear Roger! :Laughing_Face:

If there's anything else we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.