main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Cannot add a ported mobile number to Suresignal

4: Newbie

Hi

I have a Vodafone phone and a Sure Signal 3 box. Both work fine. My wife has just joined Vodafone and has a ported number. I cannot add this number to my Sure Signal box. I get error:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [Error ref 2o2]

UNQUOTE

I have tried a Vodafone online chat. The support agent assured me he had added the number and it would take 6 hours to take effect. Nothing doing. Many hours later and I still cannot add the ported number.

Can I please get help from someone who knows how to resolve this issue?

Thanks. 

View more options
17 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

If the porting in has happened recently then Vodafones sure signal systems may still be recognising it as a non Vodafone number. 

If this was my situation I'd give it till Monday and if things were still the same then call Vodafone customer service on 191 or use Live Chat to see if they can add the number for you @billybigbrains

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for the feedback, BoB.

I waited but the error still persists. The Sure Signal box is working fine for my long-standing Vodafone mobile number, but the Sure Signal Dashboard refuses to let me add my wife's recently ported number (ported on Friday last week). I'll try 191 tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Bill

View more options

I spoke to someone on 191. They tried to add my wife's number to Sure Signal and got the same error. First she said there is a problem with the company who first owned the number - they didn't send Vodafone a file that is needed - so she will email them to ask for the file. This takes 3-5 days. I asked for a copy of the email. 

Now the story changed.

She will send an email to an internal Vodafone team and will send me a case number in a message. I can;t have a copy of the internal email.

I don't have much confidence in this process, but I don't have any choice but to wait again.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty adding numbers to your Sure Signal @billybigbrains. So we can take a look into your account and add your wifes number, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

View more options

The problem has been (mostly) resolved. This morning I made my daily attempt to add my wife's number to the Sure Signal Box but it was already there! Great - she has a signal and can make and receive calls.

That will do fine - thanks to whoever fixed the problem, but the cause and resolution process are still a complete mystery.

The only remaining issue is that my wife's number has "User" against it. When I try to change this to her First Name and Last Name, the Sure Signal Console again reports "We're working hard to resolve the error" but there are no details of the error --- it just doesn't work.

Anyway, a working SureSignal is what matters most, and we have that.

Thank you all. 

View more options

Actually, this won't do.

When I try to manage any of the Sure Signal's users, I get the same error that I got before "We are working hard...."

This is because, although someone has forced my wife's number into the application, it isn;t really being recognised as a Vodafone number. Any attempt to make a change now fails. So if, for example, I need to replace my Sure Signal box, or make any change to its registered users, I'll still get the error.

View more options

If you contact us using the link in the private message I sent you @billybigbrains, we'll be able to look into the problems you're experiencing with adding your wifes number to your Sure Signal.

View more options

Message sent - twice. When I  submit my message as requested I do not get a confirmation message - just a Vodafone web page. Has my message been received?

View more options

@billybigbrains I've checked the email address registered to your Community profile and I'm unable to locate an email from you. 

We'd advise trying the following when submitting your details to us:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

When successfully submitted, you should then receive an automated email response from us with your reference number in the subject line (similar #12345678). 

View more options

Thanks Natasha.

I tried with Firefox and with Chrome. In each case I deleted cache and cookie entries before starting. I tried with my Android phone and with my desktop computer. I tried both using an alternate email address, manually typed in. My message includes a URL to the forum post and my forum name, and is much less than 1200 chars (about 550).

In every case I get a basic Vodafone home screen with no confirmation that my post has been successful.

View more options
Administrator

@billybigbrains Can you check your junk/spam folder on email for me? Sometimes our automated confirmation of your query can find it's way into there. 

View more options

Hi Alex

No there is nothing in my junk email folders for either of my email accounts. In any event, it's not just the confirmation email that's missing - you aren't receiving the form details that I have filled in (about thirty times now!).

Is there any other way I can get the information to you. The issue is simple - my Vodafone Sure Signal console is unuseable since someone at Vodafone "forced" my wife's ported number into it.  Any attempt to use the console results in the famous error as described above.

View more options

@billybigbrains - We want to help and look into what’s happening with the Sure Signal account. I’ve searched for your email by the address you’ve registered to the Community with and it isn’t showing. As we’re not receiving your email, an alternative way of sending us your details is by Twitter Direct Message to @VodafoneUK or by Facebook Private Message.

View more options

Thanks Gemma

I sent you a private message. Hope that's OK.

View more options

@billybigbrains - You’re welcome! I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. If you’ve followed the steps from the link I sent, please let us know the email reference from the auto reply (it looks like #123456).

View more options

All fixed!

I finally got in touch with the support team via Facebook Messenger. 

Tash from the Community support team has kindly resolved the problem. I asked her how, and this is what she said:

"With the error you were seeing, it may have been that your owner status hadn't been fully attached to the Sure Signal correctly. To fix this, I made your wife's number the owner number then added the owner status to your phone number again. My hope was that this would fully refresh everything and help your number to be added as an owner correctly - this looks to have done the trick and worked".

So there you go. All sorted.

Thanks all!  

View more options

@billybigbrains Thanks for the update 👍 We're glad that we've managed to get you up and running! 

View more options