Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhones not connecting to new Sure Signal

Nick_F
2: Seeker

Hi,

There are three iPhone 6 phones in my household.  One is the "owner" number on the Sure Signal and it works OK with a full five spot signal.  The other two regularly have no service or occasionally one or two spots.  The three iPhones are identical.

The Red light is on and the first and second white lights are on.  NOT flashing.

Speedtest reports 36Mbps download and 9MBps upload
My external IP address is 217.43.94.15

My Sure Signal serial number is 42172972475

The output from tracert is below:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms 31.55.187.176
5 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 195.99.127.28
6 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms peer6-hu0-6-0-6.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.3]
7 10 ms 13 ms 10 ms t2c3-et-8-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.240]
8 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

12 REPLIES 12

Nick_F

Just to add, I had a Sure Signal for around six years that died on Tuesday and the one with the problem was new on Friday.  All three phones worked OK with the old Sure Signal, so the problem is unlikely to be with the configuration of the phones.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nick_F - Have you tested adding and then removing the two numbers from your Sure Signal account?

If not, please test this and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks for the reply Gemma.  Yes I have and I still have the same problem.  Unlikely to help I know, but I waited six hours between removing them and adding back.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @Nick_F.

I can see a resync has since been completed on the Sure Signal. Please allow six hours to pass before restarting the device and adding the numbers back to the device.

Please let us know how you get on.

Following my call to 191 today the person I spoke to said that he would do a re-sync.  Around 90 minutes later one of the phones connected to the Sure Signal and now has a full strength signal.  When I got home around four hours later the other two phones connected so all looks to be working now.

It was much more helpful actually speaking with someone rather than using Chat.

Hi,

My son's and daughter's phones ported from Tesco mobile on 21 August and I have been trying since then to add them to the Sure Signal.  I get an error message "We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [2n1]".  I Chatted to an agent about two weeks ago and was told that "perhaps they are not fully ported yet".  Given it is over a month and I am paying Vodafone bills for the phones then they feel ported to me.

How can I add the phones?

Thanks

Nick

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nick_F - Thanks for the update!

I’m glad to hear it’s working again. :Smiling:

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is not resolved.  I am still unable to add the two phones that have been ported from TescoMobile.  What can I do to get them added?  I chose to switch them to Vodafone depite the non-existant signal in my house because I had the Sure Signal and teh Vodafone deal was the best value.  Without being able to add them to the Sure Signal it is not looking like a good decision.

Once again, I need to know what I have to do to get the phones added.

Regards

Nick

I think the confusion here is that the new topic I started seems to have appeared in the old thread.  My original problem was solved, but not the second problem I posted regarding connecting ported phones.