cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting a V3 Suresignal to a Dual Sim phone.....

werlynne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just bought a Samsung J6 2017 dual sim phone and I seem to be unable to connect it to the SS. I have had it working occasionally by taking the sim out and re starting but when I leave the house and come home it does not re connect. 

Swapping the sim to another single sim phone generally means the sim will connect but not always.

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so was there a setting adjustment or method used to get it working?

Many Thanks

W

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If the phone is picking up any 4G signal then it would ignore the SS.

Just to check can you try turning Off 4G in the phones Settings to force it onto 3G.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have set it to 3G only, done a restart and it is still not receiving a signal.

BandOfBrothers

May I ask where you purchased the phone from ?

Also as a process of elimination can you try your SIM card in another phone ?

Sorry the idea to turn off 4G didn’t help.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

I have bought another sim as a tester and it seems to work in my wifes phone, my own sim does sometimes work but not on every occasion, this does seem odd I know.........

The tester sim did work in the Dual phone but does not now.

I forgot to say where I bought it from, Amazon, it came from a German company as you know DS phones are not available in the UK. I have had 3 DS phones and never had any issues. The UK sim works perfectly in normal signal areas as does the second sim.

I was suspicious of my main sim but as the second tester sim also does not work I am at a loss!!!

BandOfBrothers

Yes which is why I asked the very question on where you purchased it from. 

The reply from Vodafone I suspect if asked would be that they cannot Guarantee support for an imported phone as it wasn’t released to be used in the U.K.

Its certainly a conundrum how some will work and others not - today’s technology for you !

Current Phone  >