Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dead Sure Signal

amun
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal 3 appears to be dead - no lights, nothing.

As far as I can see it's about 2 years and 2 months old.

Is there anything that I can try?

29 REPLIES 29

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Andyphillips27 So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

@amun I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with your private message - I've now sent you another with the details. Please let us know how you get on.

gsmsecure
12: Established

WiFi Calling - just to rub some salt into the wound...

It's incredible that many handset's have been capable of supporting this feature (since S4 I believe) for a very long time,  yet Vodafone choose only to offer it in exchange of a new handset and long contract.

If a user was able to use WiFi calling they would no longer need these pieces of unreliable junk to get a workable signal

It's time Vodafone put user experience over profit and unlocked this service to everyone regardless of handset, on contract or Pay as you go.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @amun

Are you eligible I'm the interim to take advantage of Vodafones Calling Over WiFi  ?

No, it doesn't look like it...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can see we've received your latest email @amun.

A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further.

cliff_g
9: Established

@amun @andyphilips

Suggest you also read this

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

gsmsecure

Hi

Report the failure. Trading Standards national database has records of failures. 

When you called you will have spoken to Consumer Direct which is a call handling centre who are not privy to the backend database.

Your local office may also not be aware,  however I assure you West Berkshire Trading Standards are more than aware and is them ultimately responsible for action against Vodafone.

Consumer Direct simply log calls for Trading Standards and suggest that you ask them to pass on details to West Berkshire.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @amun

Please contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat and advise them that the V3 of your Sure Signal appears to have suffered from a failure and inform them of the ongoing Vodafone Community thread in connection to the issue some have experienced with the v3 SS. 

The Manufacturing Warranty on the SS is 24 Months but they are aware of these issues so I'm sure they'll want to resolve this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks - I tried 191 - there are no options that work - useless system.

I tried ringing the branch, but got the same useless system.

I then tried the on-line chat system, where they eventually decided that I had to purchase a new one as I mine is out of warranty. They have no knowledge of the problems, trading standards or UK law.

What a joke of an organisation.

BandOfBrothers

Try calling 191 and choose thinking of leaving. 

This should get you through to an agent @amun

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've already been through the chat system, talking to their agents... Is this likely to give any different result?