main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Decent customer service!!!!

3: Seeker
1 hr on line and 2 hrs on phone passed around a dozen different people!! Still no signal after a power failure only option to leave Vodafone as soon as possible .....totally fed up
View more options
12 REPLIES 12
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Are your masts showing ok ?

I appreciate how frustrating it is when signal fails or is intermittent causing issues.

Please first try turning your phone Off , eject the sim and wipe it with a soft cloth, re insert and turn your phone back on.This will help to try and re establish connection between your phone and Network Masts.

Can you please check if not already done so to see what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Also use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks certain questions that will Help the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers for this team to help you.

Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

I see from your post your annoyed but is leaving Vodafone the best answer. Other networks may not provide stable service where you live,work and commute.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Note : this is a sure signal problem the box no longer works after a power failure and no one seems interested in retaining our business of nearly £70 a month in contracts just by giving us a signal back .....your £100 to purchase a new one is just too steep after already purchasing one...hate been passed around come on Vodafone retain us or we will go...
View more options
Yup I was just asking if your masts could have helped.

I also lost internet connection while posting so only a portion of my reply had appeared.

My apologies.

Regarding your Sure Signal Box are their no lights whatsoever !

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

I've heard of people using an alternative power source which are apparently available from eBay at approx £10.

Have a look at these FAQs https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/

Again my apologies for my half reply earlier. 😒

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
There is one light the Power one but the box is high pitched buzzing constantly really all I wanted from Vodafone was a replacement sure signal without the massive cost again a credit on the account or some gesture of goodwill for loyalty I have been with Vodafone for years its simple maths to me to retain good customers. We have gone thru every process to restart etc the existing sure signal using vodafones 'customer service'!!! But it's not going to come back to life and without one Vodafone is useless to us.
View more options
How old is the unit.

They come with a 24?month warranty.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
Older than that at a guess as we have Been customers for years and mostly worked well just the electric company tripped the electric and its fried something in the box it's not safe to have on 😒🔥
View more options
Ah right.

I can certainly appreciate where your coming from regarding loyalty.

Unfortunately I feel you may only find the offer of buying a new box on the table.

Hopefully calling over WiFi is not too long away too.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
I appreciate all your replys if you don't work for voda then you should ... I have worked in cust service for a big company for many yrs and voda has a lot to learn and teach their reps....but unfortunately I will most likely be long gone to another network as soon as our contracts are up as others offer better signal solutions at a far lower cost so Vodafone lose approx £850 a year for not being helpful they must make plenty of money not to care about that shame really!! 😕
View more options
You're welcome.

No I'm not employed by Vodafone like other dedicated members here. We're paid by the fact we try to help and guide people to hopefully a resolution to non account enquiries.

I agree it would be a shame for you to move networks.

I hope things improve for you regarding signal in your area or the pending release of Calling over Wifi negates the need for the Sure Signal Box for some customers.

Take care.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
4: Newbie

Yep. VF service doesn't exist. I fixed my problem with help from non-VF people round here after wasting around a day doing what VF tech support suggested.

I only fixed it because I hate it when technology beats me and this time it didn't.

View more options
2: Seeker

You should be so lucky. I haven't had a decent signal all year (have to go outside) and when I contact Vodafone they try to contact me on my mobile.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @ianmw we're happy to look into your area to see if there are any network issues. You can actually check the coverage here. If you have any questions once viewing this, please let us know. 

View more options