main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Deregistration of Sure signal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have bought a second hand Sure signal and I am not able to register it. When trying to register it I get a message saying that the serial number it is already registered. The serial number is 21197212091. I have been told by technical support that the box it is registerd to the previous owner and she has to call Vodafone in order to de-register it.The person I bought it from says  that she called customer service and was told that because her account is canceled the Sure box is automatically de-registered. But still I am not able to register it.

Can someone from tech support check to see if 21197212091 is still registered or not? Thank you!

Many thanks if you can sort this

View more options

Attachments

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator (Retired)

Hi koahhe

Thanks for your post. Having checked the serial number I can see that the Sure Signal has been de-registered yesterday (8th July), therefore you should now be free to register your Sure Signal.

Thanks

Simon

View more options
53 REPLIES 53
Moderator (Retired)

Hi koahhe

Thanks for your post. Having checked the serial number I can see that the Sure Signal has been de-registered yesterday (8th July), therefore you should now be free to register your Sure Signal.

Thanks

Simon

View more options
Yes it is working now. Thanks for reply!
View more options

I have a simlar problem, the sure signal was set up with a pay monthly account which is now defunct.

The serial number of the unit is 21224613543

The sure signal is now not functioning, presumably because of the defunct account

I now wish to register it with a new pay monthly account which I have just commenced.

Many thanks in advance.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi grattt,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the eForum from all of the team.

You don’t need to worry as we can get this all sorted once we have completed a few security checks.

So we can do this for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to pick this up for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

View more options

Help... have same  issue and need to get it deregistered to allow me to register it correctly.

Serial number is 40112562521

Assistance appriciated. Thanks in advance

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrwilliamc,

Not to worry, a Private Message with all of the instructions on how to email our team directly can be found here. We'll have you sorted out in a jiffy.

Cheers, Ben

View more options
Hi I have a sure signal registered to my previous pay as you go sim account .i had stopped using that sim (no longer have it)some time back hence I can't remember the log in except my user name and trying multiple times its now locked. How will I deregister so that I can register on an another playas I go account at my office
My sure signal number is 40110528078
View more options

Hi,

I am no longer a Vodafone customer and would like to sell my Sure Signal.

Serial Numer 21223458379

Please can you advice how I do this.

Thanks

James

View more options

Hi jeraldwilliam1,

Don’t worry, we can help get this sorted

I’ve sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

jpagechatton, I’ve also sent you a quick PM so that we can get this sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many thanks,

Jenny 

View more options

Thanks, I have emailed just now.

I will confirm once sorted.

Best regards

James

View more options
Hi we have bought a secondhand sure signal and its the same issue as below.

We need to deregister as been registered to previous user serial number 40112524620.

Help please!
View more options
17: Community Champion

@Artur123 wrote:
Hi we have bought a secondhand sure signal and its the same issue as below.

We need to deregister as been registered to previous user serial number 40112524620.

Help please!

Due to data protection laws which Vodafone have to keep to, only the original owner who has the Sure Signal registered to their account can contact Vodafone and request the deregistration.

You will need to go back to the seller.

View more options
Hi no can do as bought it in a boot sale.

Anything else that can be done?

Thanks
Artur
View more options
17: Community Champion

@Artur123 wrote:
Hi no can do as bought it in a boot sale.

Anything else that can be done?

Thanks
Artur

Sorry. No.

It one of the disadvantages of purchasing a device second hand.  You need to make sure it has been deregistered.

View more options
1: Seeker

I have inherited a sure signal from a colleague who has left the company. I cannot register it as it is already registered, but cannot get my colleague to de-register it as I cannot contact him. Please advise what i can do

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Marcush,

Only the original owner can do this. Without being able to speak to them, we'll be unable to de-register the Sure signal.

Many thanks, Ben

View more options
Hi, I would like to register my sure signal please as I have given it to a friend as no longer with Vodaphone.
The serial number is 21223127503. Thank you.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Murphyjack999,

We'll certainly be able to deregister this Sure Signal for you.

As we'll need to access your account to do so, please email us following the instructions here and we'll sort it for you

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options

Hello, I've bought a second hand sure signal box from e-bay, serial number 21196918607. It is registered on another account so I am unable to register it currently and the seller is being useless at contacting yourselves. I understand you can't de-register if the vodafone account is still active, but please can you check if this sure signal is linked to a defunct vodafone account, and if so are you able to de-register it please? Many thanks

View more options