cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does Sure Signal work over a wireless booster?

Krissi1510
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal, and it works fine when my phone is attached to the main wifi in our house (the one the SS is plugged in to).   I have a wifi extender, the one that uses your electrical wiring, in my office as the wifi signal was poor due to walls/distance.  However, I have noticed that when I am working in the office and my phone is attached to the wifi extender , it only gets 1 bar of signal (this applies to my work phone as well as it is also with VF).  I have recieved voicemails on each phone this week where the phone has not rung, so there must be an issue.  I am sat right next to the wifi extendor so get great signal from it.

I guess I could get my phones to 'forget' the extended network, but the signal for the main router is not great so this may also affect my ability to make and receive calls. I wanted to see if there is anything else I can do, any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Krissi1510 Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.