main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Every 3 days I get a text telling me I've moved my SureSignal - no way to stop this garbage!

4: Newbie

I have not moved it. It works. I just want to be left alone.

It says if I have not moved it, I should change the location to the same value and that will fix it. I did that three times. I still keep getting texts telling me I must update it. Today I tried telling it I had moved it, but that failed with an error code: "We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later. - [Error ref 1w0]"

I phoned Vodafone, a helpful person who didn't have a clue. That didn't help.

(It is my third Sure Signal that I have bought, the first two both died. This one has kept working. But Vodafone won't leave well alone.)

What makes them think it has moved? It can only be by using a geolocation lookup on the IP address. BT provide a ridiculous location when I try this, I think about 50 miles away in the middle of a field!

Why not just ask me if I have moved it and let me say that I have not.

Also the system has a bug. It says it needs the postcode and street address but has nowhere to enter the street or house number. So emergency services would not be able to find me!!!

There must be someone somewhere in the Vodafone empire who cares about quality - surely?

Any suggestions please?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Thats weird and I agree maybe something to do with how your Vodafone Sure Signal is communicating.

Perhaps give the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a go at helping @Growltiger 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
4: Newbie

I contacted them as you suggested. After communicating with three of them, giving them all my details more than once and giving detailed screen shots, after 11 days, I was told they could not help me and I should contact the SureSignal team.

View more options