main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Godawful SS V3, is there nobody in Vodafone tech that can actually fix these things?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

This damn white box is going to push me over the edge. Ever since I bought it in October it's failed nearly every fortnight, it's only decent amount of time online suddenly stopped one day and had to be replaced and now we're back to failing every fortnight. I go online and the tech support person 'resets' or 're-syncs' it then tells me to wait 4 hours then restart all the phones and it will be fixed. Then, surprise surprise it doesn't work!

It's so annoying when you have to pay for something just so you get the service that you're already paying for, and then that doesn't even work. 

View more options
10 REPLIES 10

The issue you’re experiencing:

Sure signal won’t allow phones to connect to network

What light sequence you're seeing:

1, Red & Solid.
2, White & solid
3, White & solid
(normal working lights)

Your speed test results from here.

Ping 23ms, Download 21.5oMbps, Upload 7.33Mbps

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
2 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms 97e7feb6.skybroadband.com [151.231.254.182]
3 21 ms 20 ms 21 ms be460.pr2.hobir.isp.sky.com [2.120.11.21]
4 * * 19 ms lag-102.ear1.London1.Level3.net [212.113.9.141]
5 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms Vodafone-level3-200G.London1.Level3.net [4.68.72.94]
6 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms ae9-xcr1.lnt.cw.net [195.2.24.161]
7 19 ms 19 ms 18 ms ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.61]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

View more options

@Richiejh I’m sorry to hear you’re having consistent problems with your Sure Signal. Do you notice if your IP address changes or if there are any router updates happening, at the same time as the errors are occurring?

Are we re-syncing your Sure Signal each time you’re having this issue, or have you tried turning it off and turning it back on after the error has happened? Turning it off and unplugging it for 20 minutes, then plugging it back in and hard resetting all of the phones within range of the Sure Signal, may help to refresh everything.

Please let me know how you get on with restarting your Sure Signal and looking out for any updates/changes with your IP address and router.

View more options

I don't know if anything is changing because when I spend nearly £100 per month on the phone contracts in my house, then I'm forced to pay for a device so I can use said contracts, I don't expect to have to dedicate large amounts of my time to getting it working.

View more options

I understand this is frustrating @Richiejh, we'll need to complete troubleshooting to help diagnose where any possible problems might be.

As @Colleen advised, please try resetting your Sure Signal and hard resetting any phones connected to it, in range; to see if this helps at all.

You mentioned that this is a replacement too, is this Sure Signal having the same issues as your previous one? 

View more options

How many times do I need to reset this device before it actually does the job I paid good money for it to do?

Yes it is similar issues, I've tried altering a few settings on my router like turning off IPv6. This worked for 24 hours then surprise surprise its back again. Utter junk!

View more options

I've swapped out my Sky Q router for my old Sky fibre router to see if that helps. It's back online, but for how long?

View more options

@Richiejh I'm glad to hear it's working at the moment. If you continue to witness these problems again, please let us know and we'll have to look into this further for you.

View more options

Since changing the router it's been much better, does anyone know what setting is different on a Q router which would stop it working?

View more options

I wouldn't be able to comment on why the Q router would be any different @Richiejh, - have you tried getting in touch with your internet provider for more information? They might be able to shed some light on this for you. 

View more options

I did try a while ago but there help centre was closed. I'll get back in touch with them again.

View more options