main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

IPv6 compatibility with SS3

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Is there a compatibility issue with IPv6 and sure signal boxes?

I've been having no end of trouble with my SS3 , I've also had problems with certain apps on my Samsung phones. One fix for the Samsung app issue was to disable IPv6 on the Sky Q router, when I did this (on both wireless and lan) the sure signal connected and started working. Fluke coincidence or not? It's too soon to tell.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for getting in touch @Richiejh, it's very interesting what you've mentioned about turning off IPv6. What kind of problems have you been having with your Sure Signal before you did this?

Please continue to keep us updated, as this could be useful information for other Community users. 

View more options

I've had the normal 3 lights on but refusing to allow phones to connect, also I've had the red light on and next light flashing. 

It seems to work for about 1 day before it fails again.

View more options

24 hours later and back to the same issue, it seems every fix only lasts 24 hours, 48 at best. What utter junk!

View more options

@Richiejh How long have you had the Sure Signal for? Also, has this been happening since the day you had it? 

View more options