main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Intermittent Call Quality with Sure Signal

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi. So I recently moved in with my partner and swapped networks to Vodafone as where she lives there is little to no signal and she already has a sure signal plug in place. After swapping over to Vodafone, we registered my number with the device and I received the text stating I could now use the sure signal. Download speed on Wi-fi is 31 up/7 down and the plug is connected to the BT home hub directly via an ethernet cable. It seems that since adding me to the plug, the call quality has reduced, worse for my partner than me but people she is speaking to can't hear her or the call gets disconnected. I get small drop outs on my phone. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro, she's on an iPhone 11. 
Any ideas or suggestions on if this can be resolved? We both have 2 or 3 bars on the network and 3 or 4 bars on Wi-fi yet still getting the issue every time. She's understandably getting frustrated!

Thanks

Martin

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @mswanston 

With the enormous extra pressure on the network and masts I can see mast congestion becoming an issue for some.

Hopefully this will illeviate as Vodafone pour more resources into its network. See the forum announcement at the top of the forum pages.

If your on an eligible phone and tariff then as an interim solution maybe Vodafine wi-fi-calling could be an option. Texting isn't available via this method.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Thanks. We both want to avoid Wi-fi calling due to not being able to receive non-data texts. Do you think it is simply network demand or is there anything I can do to help improve the issues? Am not sure which version the plug is but can check details if necessary. 
Thanks 

Martin

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The official troubleshooting page for Sure Signal which includes a traceroute option for the Vodafone Social Media Team here to look at is 》Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting. 

Going from "Fixed-line home broadband with a minimum upload and download speed of 1Mbpsc" your speeds are adequate.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options