Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4s and Sure Signal

ZoeWillmott
1: Seeker

Can you help please?  I picked up my new Ipnoe 4s today but it will not work with my sure signal. We have 3 other phones that are connected okay but this one fails to do so.  I have tried to: restart the sure signal, De-regisered and re-registered the ss, turned phone to airplane mode and back and on and off a few times. Also removed the new mobile number and added it again. All to no avail. Please can you re-sync our ss so that it works like other people. the serial number is 21230514339. Many thanks in advance.

33 REPLIES 33

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ZoeWillmott,

Thanks for you post here and I can confirm that I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you.

Id this issue continues please can you toggle airplane mode when in range and let us know how you get on.

James

Hi

I have also got a iphone4s with isnt playing,tried reset,changing number on sure signal etc..can you please resync it at your end

the SN is 21197138510

Thanks in advance

Hi Andrew23,

Thanks for your post here.

We have seen a number of these over the past month or so however, as of yet they seem to be isolated cases rather than it happening to everyone with an iPhone 4S.

However, as requested I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you today, please can you give this a go now and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi

My wife has recently updated her BB to an iPhone 4s but cannot connect to our VSS.  We have tried resetting the SS, de-registering and re-registering her as a user, changing her phone to flight mode etc, etc but still no sucess.  Could you please resync at your end - the serial number is 40120156886 and let me know if there is anything else i need to do.

Many thanks

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there saun0017,

Thanks for your post.

I've forced a resync for you. Please factory reset the device and let me know how you get on.

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee

Unfortunately that hasn't worked.  I am still connected but my wifes isn't.  We do have another SS box which we can both connect to so i know it is not a software problem on her phone - any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi Lee

I have spoken to a member of the higher technical department this morning as my wife was getting pretty frustrated by the whole thing and this issue has now been resolved 🙂

Many thanks for your help

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's great thanks for letting us know saun0017. 

You know where we are if we can help with anything else in the future. 

Phil

Hi support

I have a new SS having given up on the 'old' model and thrown it away; it never worked for me. I registered the new one (3 lamps, S/N 40123263556) on Wednesday, and it now has power and system lamps on steady. We have two numbers registered to it - my wifes's Nokia and my own iPhone 4S. Her number works perfectly, but my iPhone has never worked; no 3G, and the SS phone lamp doesn't light when I make a call. I have tried the flight-mode on/off trick.

Could you please try a resync, and/or suggest what else I might try? I have already visited the troubleshooter, which doesn't seem to offer any viable solution. Incidentally, I'm expecting to replace the 4S with an iPhone 5 next week.

Many thanks

Mike.