Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keep getting messages from sure signal

LauraBaker
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I hope someone can help. I have moved our sure signal from our old house to our new house. After I did this I changed the details online in our sure signal account. I then received an email saying that I the sure signal has moved and I need to confirm the details. Which I have done again. I still keep getting texts and emails from the sure signal saying that it has moved and I need to confirm the details. How do I fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

DCMS
4: Newbie

Good question, I got over 20 texts telling me my SS had moved - when it had not moved an inch in 4 years. I tried everything through the online manager to fix it; in the end I had to persist on the phone and contact the SS support team - and after being told I must have moved it, and me insisting I had not - I eventually got through to someone that managed to stop it.

I suspect the official advice may be to de-register and re-register it. Hang on and see.

Incidentally, is there already a good/better 3G signal at your new location?

DC

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@LauraBaker wrote:
I hope someone can help. I have moved our sure signal from our old house to our new house. After I did this I changed the details online in our sure signal account. I then received an email saying that I the sure signal has moved and I need to confirm the details. Which I have done again. I still keep getting texts and emails from the sure signal saying that it has moved and I need to confirm the details. How do I fix this?

Hi there

The reason that this happens is because your IP address, assigned to you by your ISP, has changed.  If you have just had the broadband installed at the new property it can take a few weeks to settle down as the ISP brings your line up to speed. During this time, your IP address can change multiple times. I have seen some reports of people deliberately entering an incorrect postcode and it sorts the issue out so it may be worth trying that.

PWIAC

Yes, that sounds plausible, but my public IP address is static and has not changed in 10 years.

And if users need to ...

> deliberately enter an incorrect postcode

...it does suggest the SS management system needs some work.

DC