Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light one on, light two flashing

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with an issue that some people find during setup.

This issue has the following symptoms:

• The power light’s on and light two flashes constantly
  • Light two does not go solid

Troubleshooting steps:

Wait 24 hours.
It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to fully register with the server. Before attempting any of the steps below, please wait 24 hours.

Check for planned maintenance.

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Check that your Sure Signal has registered successfully.
Before your Sure Signal can connect to our network, you need to register it with us.

You’ll receive a text or email to let you know when the registration is complete and your Sure Signal won’t work until you’ve received this message.

To check your Sure Signal is registered, login to your My Vodafone Account and click on the 'My Sure Signal' tab. Your Sure Signal details should be listed, along with the status 'Registered'.

If you’ve not yet registered your Sure Signal, you can do this directly from the My Sure Signal page in your My Vodafone Account .

If you’re a Business customer, please register on our business Sure Signal page.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Post your router/ISP details and Sure Signal serial number.

If you’ve done all of the above, or you’re struggling with configuring your router, please post your router's make and model number below. Please also include your Sure Signal serial number and the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We find that other users of the same router will usually be able to share tips with you, to get things working.

We’ll also attempt to help with this, but due to the number of different manufacturers and models, it is not always possible. We don’t officially support any form of router configuration, so we’ll always recommend contacting your router manufacturer or ISP for assistance first.

Thanks,

Jenny

600 REPLIES 600

Serial 21229594144 worked fine until this week.

Been following all postings for the last couple of days as my SS stopped working about Monday. Haven't had the time to call CS as yet but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with problems as I haven't changed any settings on my side.

The SS was previously working as advertised no changes required to the firewall, but I've also gone through the troubleshooter and manually put the port forwarding in place. My firewall/router (Netgear DG834G on Plus Net) shows the SS trying to open a VPN connection to 212.183.133.178 and getting nothing back.

s/n: 21229601642

Yet another dissatisfied customer on this topic. I woke today to find the lights as per topic and reset the Sure box as the Vodafone site recommends. This resulted in the same light configuration as before. I spoke to Vodafone on the helpline and was given lots of 'technical' information regarding TCPs and UDPs, even though I had stated I was not PC literate! I was then sent text messages with these technical settings and advised to contact my internet provider as they had to check the afore mentioned settings. This I did and was informed that these settings do not change themselves and the fault was with Vodafone. Back on the phone to Vodafone, (please employ people who speak the same english as I have been using for 48 years!) who again stated that the ISP needed to check the port settings and that a return call would be made back to me in 15 minutes time. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. So now I am in the predicament of recalling Vodafone, my ISP or a computer fixer at my cost!
I have read through all the other posts in this forum, there appears to be many questions raised but no answers posted from Vodaphone. Any suggestions on the way forward?

Ben

My suresignal is still working this morning. The only thing I did was a factory reset at 8pm and it was working again at 11.30pm. I held reset button in for few seconds until all lights lit, whilst still holding the button in unplug power then plug back in, keep holding reset button in until all lights have flashed then release. Hope this works for you.

cheers webdoc but i have already done master reset b8t 100 times already this week

Press and hold reset button for 40 seconds

Remove the power cable  (whilst still holding in the reset button)

Then replace the power cable (after about 35 seconds)

Then release the reset button

Every time i still end up with  Light 1 On, Light 2 Flashing and thjs will continue untill vodafone sort this problem out!

After nearly a week of no sure signal connection, it has decided to switch itself back on as of an hour ago.

Again, No local change my end... just waited. It has to be a vodafone issue.

Seriously though, a week of no service and constantly being told over the phone by Voda CS that theres no reported issues is not only patronising, but also a huge waste of time. 

Fingers crossed the VSS will stay up now, but there is no guarantee!!!!

Will report back if anything changes.

Just to give some hope, Mine came back alive and connected late last night after four days of disconnect and is still on now, and it's working fine, why would it just go of for four days then just come back on without any changes made on my end? Vodafone it would be nice get some explanation, and maybe be a little less quick to blame the customers next time, hopefully there won't be a next time. 

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

I've passed your  serial numbers  to our support teams and I am currently awaiting an update to see whats happening.

I'm pleased that some of you now have a working service,

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Much apprciated BenJ

Sure Signal has stopped working earlier today. Tried resetting etc but still not working - please help.

Serial number: 21223466208

Thanks