Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light one on, light two flashing

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with an issue that some people find during setup.

This issue has the following symptoms:

• The power light’s on and light two flashes constantly
  • Light two does not go solid

Troubleshooting steps:

Wait 24 hours.
It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to fully register with the server. Before attempting any of the steps below, please wait 24 hours.

Check for planned maintenance.

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Check that your Sure Signal has registered successfully.
Before your Sure Signal can connect to our network, you need to register it with us.

You’ll receive a text or email to let you know when the registration is complete and your Sure Signal won’t work until you’ve received this message.

To check your Sure Signal is registered, login to your My Vodafone Account and click on the 'My Sure Signal' tab. Your Sure Signal details should be listed, along with the status 'Registered'.

If you’ve not yet registered your Sure Signal, you can do this directly from the My Sure Signal page in your My Vodafone Account .

If you’re a Business customer, please register on our business Sure Signal page.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Post your router/ISP details and Sure Signal serial number.

If you’ve done all of the above, or you’re struggling with configuring your router, please post your router's make and model number below. Please also include your Sure Signal serial number and the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We find that other users of the same router will usually be able to share tips with you, to get things working.

We’ll also attempt to help with this, but due to the number of different manufacturers and models, it is not always possible. We don’t officially support any form of router configuration, so we’ll always recommend contacting your router manufacturer or ISP for assistance first.

Thanks,

Jenny

600 REPLIES 600

HelenB
2: Seeker

I bought the SS on Friday and have had it connected to my router since late Friday afternoon.  Since then the 1st light is steady and the 2nd has been flashing. Nothing else. I have a BT Business Hub model BT2700HGV. Can anyone please help me? HelenB

jamjudyjam
please tell me which router I can buy that will work.
My present router is a belkin N but I have failed and so have Belkin

beginner11671

Spoiler
Have had Sure Signal for two months, 1st light on, 2nd flashes, occasionally in first couple of weeks got light 3 and 4 and phone picked up signal but would cut out as soon as tried to use phone.
Spoiler
I have Sky broadband (Netgear router) and have seen threads re port forwarding but no idea how to do that.
Spoiler
Very frustrating, I have left it this long as have been away a lot but now back and want this thing which cost £50 to work.
Spoiler
Please help.

Just_Jenni
1: Seeker

Hi, I don't know if you can help but I thought I had registered my Sure Signal on Saturday, I received an email on Sunday saying that I would get a text to say when it was active, it is now Tuesday and I haven't received a text.  The box has a solid power light and a flashing 2nd light.  How can I check if my registration went through?  When I log in to My Account and click on Sure Signal it just takes me through to the page where you can 'Register' or 'Find out more'.......

Hey Just_Jenni,

Can you try registering the unit again please?

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

SFP

My sure signal  box has suddenly stopped working 48 hours ago , I have rebooted my router and my belkin n wireless router and also done a reset on the sure signal but still not working , ist light is solid and the 2nd light flashes slowly , no other front lights are lit

at the rear the green light is constant and the orange light flashes ,at random , my internet is working as usual , is this due to the planned maintenance that vodafone has done , how can it be fixed ? I am In postcode L38

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

If your Sure Signal boxes are still not working, could you post your serial number from the back of the Sure Signal to this thread so I can look into this.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Hello

Firs time on here so please excuse me when I make mistakes.

Unfortunately Sure Signal not working - has been for a year but stopped on 20th May.  I have done the reset twice and waited the 24 hours plus but still at the Light 1 on, Light 2 flashing scenario although on the first occasion I got signal for all of two minutes then went down again.

Serial No. is 21222715241

ISP is Tiscali (Talk Talk?) Router is Siemens SE587

As far as I can see it has been assigned an IP address and yes it is registered under My Account.

If it helps you help me I'm using a Mac not a PC.

Thank you in anticipation

L

SuresignalSerial No: 21197001734

Please add my serial No. to the list of problem Suresignals that have the same problem: Mine stopped working on Wednesday 18/05/2011

I have tried everything and waited patently all weekend as well and still it is not working.

Please advise

VSS SN: 21197085406

Still not working from the 18/5/11.