Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light one on, light two flashing

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with an issue that some people find during setup.

This issue has the following symptoms:

• The power light’s on and light two flashes constantly
  • Light two does not go solid

Troubleshooting steps:

Wait 24 hours.
It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to fully register with the server. Before attempting any of the steps below, please wait 24 hours.

Check for planned maintenance.

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Check that your Sure Signal has registered successfully.
Before your Sure Signal can connect to our network, you need to register it with us.

You’ll receive a text or email to let you know when the registration is complete and your Sure Signal won’t work until you’ve received this message.

To check your Sure Signal is registered, login to your My Vodafone Account and click on the 'My Sure Signal' tab. Your Sure Signal details should be listed, along with the status 'Registered'.

If you’ve not yet registered your Sure Signal, you can do this directly from the My Sure Signal page in your My Vodafone Account .

If you’re a Business customer, please register on our business Sure Signal page.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Post your router/ISP details and Sure Signal serial number.

If you’ve done all of the above, or you’re struggling with configuring your router, please post your router's make and model number below. Please also include your Sure Signal serial number and the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We find that other users of the same router will usually be able to share tips with you, to get things working.

We’ll also attempt to help with this, but due to the number of different manufacturers and models, it is not always possible. We don’t officially support any form of router configuration, so we’ll always recommend contacting your router manufacturer or ISP for assistance first.

Thanks,

Jenny

600 REPLIES 600

Still not working for me. Done a hard reset top 2 lights are now solid but nothing else is happening

@ JB mine took over 3 hrs from last hard reset i did untill 1st and 2nd light were on solid then another hour for the 4th light to go solid

Woke up this morning to find my Sure Signal is finally back on & seems to be working - fingers crossed! Hard reset several times yesterday but nothing changed yesterday (despite waiting hours & being patient) so don't know if it's just a coincidence? Happy for now :smileyhappy:

I now have all three lights on and am getting a 3G signal. 

Can Vodafone please note, since Tuesday evening, I have not changed any settings to my router nor have I changed my ISP!  So despite repeated attempts by support to blame anything but themselves, it was clearly a Vodafone issue! 

Lets see if it stays active!

I have just set up a suresignal box and after 24 hrs, I've still just got the @ light flashing. I'm using a standard, out of the box netgear modem router on a talk talk line. I've run a suresignal off this before with no difficulty but this one just won't register.

The connection is fine, the box has been given an ip address and I've had the text to say it's all working.

Any help?

PW

Like many others, I too am experiencing the same problems - ie Light 1 on constant, Light 2 flashing.  I've had my Sure Signal since February 2010 and other than the odd intermittent problem it has been fine.  However, we have had no signal at all since Weds 7th December.

I spoke to support on the phone yesterday who advised that the problem must lie with my ISP and gave me a whole bunch of settings which, although being pretty IT savvy, it's not obvious what I need to do with them.  I have gone into my hub manager but can't see anything that's obvious that I would need to change. 

I'm using a BT Home Hub 2.0.

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks

HRodway wrote

Like many others, I too am experiencing the same problems - ie Light 1 on constant, Light 2 flashing.  I've had my Sure Signal since February 2010 and other than the odd intermittent problem it has been fine.  However, we have had no signal at all since Weds 7th December.

I spoke to support on the phone yesterday who advised that the problem must lie with my ISP and gave me a whole bunch of settings which, although being pretty IT savvy, it's not obvious what I need to do with them.  I have gone into my hub manager but can't see anything that's obvious that I would need to change. 

I'm using a BT Home Hub 2.0.

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks

I also have the Home Hub2 router. I have done everything that Vodafone tech suggested., Including opening the ports 8,50,500,4500 and 123 and have checked that they are open. It did nothing to help.

So my suggestion is do not waste your time with changing anything.

Vodafone at long last seem to be acknowledging that the problem is their end. Therefore they will need to do the fixing.

Mine is still the same  light 1 on, light 2 flashing slowly, this is a bad show by Vodafone, I have sent the email to support but I still say the problem is on Vodafone's side.

I am stuck with one light on and second light flashing slowly. Tried everything I can see in advice, but after many 24hour waits still stuck.

My router is Belkin N ADSL E4871D. Any ideas welcome(I am not an IT expert, so simple instructions welcome.

Magnus

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Magnus, welcome to the eForum!

This combination indicates that the Sure Signal is unable to connect to Vodafone.

Can you confirm the speed of your internet connection for me? If you have anything else connected normally, does it make a difference if you disconnect those devices temporarily to free up bandwidth?

Also, do you have ports 50, 500 and 4500 open for incoming and outgoing traffic on the router, or do you have anything else which may be blocking the connection?

Dave

eForum team