Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No lights on VSS3

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Hello,

My VSS3 has been working since June, without problems.

But when we got up this morning there were no lights on it and the mobile phones don't work (this is a dead spot without the VSS3).

I've tried the VSS3 in different sockets - still no lights.  (Other things work in the original socket.)

Please advise.

Best regards,

NN

PS - by "no lights" I mean none at all - not even the red power light.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I thought you may like to know that this is now resolved.  A new VSS3 arrived yesterday and was working after about 30 minutes.

Thank you to all who helped with this.

NN

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@whemdan Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Vodafone Sure Signal. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thread seems to have gone quiet for a year or so but wander down this xmas morn to see no lights at all on the unit including the ethernet port. No lights either when tried in other sockets but the 3pin does work. Seems similar to previous threads. Obviously not connected now.

Apparently VF recognise this problem and offer exchange according to the helpful posts but sadly not informed customers of risk who have these devices registered.

Also can't check when I purchased mine as VF website under maintenance but less than 2 years old.

Please advise on how I get a repair or replacement

VSS3 S/N 42151124007

Thanks

Chris

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

So we can help @chrisf, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

We'll then be in touch to discuss this further.

Having read similar threads and stories online, I felt i had to share a recent horrifying experience that I had with my Vodafone Sure Signal. When I awoke on the morning of 23rd December 2017, I found that the Sure Signal had no lights present and there was a strong smell of electrical burning emitting from it. Then I discovered that the RCD had tripped in my fusebox which in hind-sight has probably prevented a fire from occurring within my home. I have recently opened up my sure signal to check the internal arrangement and to my horror have discovered the extent of burning which had occurred. I am an active member of the local Fire and Rescue Service and have seen many domestic fires occur from an electrical faults such as this. It is horrifying to think what could have occurred during the night when me and my family were asleep had the RCD not have tripped the power supplying the unit. Having undertaken a quick online search it appears that this a regular fault and needs to be addressed by Vodafone.

Chris & Highlander..

I trust that  you reported these failures to Trading Standards?

It appears that not many are actually reporting them which is making it difficult to put pressure on.

Further info: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

Details to report below:

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)