Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No lights on VSS3

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Hello,

My VSS3 has been working since June, without problems.

But when we got up this morning there were no lights on it and the mobile phones don't work (this is a dead spot without the VSS3).

I've tried the VSS3 in different sockets - still no lights.  (Other things work in the original socket.)

Please advise.

Best regards,

NN

PS - by "no lights" I mean none at all - not even the red power light.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I thought you may like to know that this is now resolved.  A new VSS3 arrived yesterday and was working after about 30 minutes.

Thank you to all who helped with this.

NN

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Hello,

I thought I had explained why I didn't want to travel to a VF store, but I just got this text from VF:

"Thanks for your email. I called you at 18:40 GMT; however, landed on voicemail.
We are unable to verify your details with the account. Please visit the store with a photographic ID  to clear the verification and get your address updated on the account.
You can take Sure Signal at the store and they will send it for repair."

- why did he call on my mobile number anyway?  I asked for my home number to be used because my VF mobile doesn't work at home without the VSS3

- VF posted this VSS3 to me originally, why is it so hard to post it back now that it's broken?

Best regards,

NN

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi nakednorman,

For security reasons, we’re unable to discuss account specific information on the eForum.

Please could you reply to the email address, and then someone from the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hello,

My VSS3 has been broken for a week now.

Am I any closer to getting an address to send it for repair?

Best regards,

NN

Hi nakednorman,

Did you follow Andy's link on how to contact us? I've checked the email address on your profile here, but can't see any email to our team.

To reach my team, it has to include the code from the PM in the subject line.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, I have followed all the links I have been sent and have put WRT165 in the subject of the emails I have sent.

Joseph Gxxxx said that he couldn't help because my address details were not on My Vodafone account.

My login didn't allow me to change them but a very helpful Scottish guy in Customer Service changed them for me.

However, I haven't heard from Joseph since then.

VF sent the VSS3 to my home address without problems.

I registered the VSS3 to my home address without problems.

So I don't really understand the delay over the address in My Vodafone.

I  have an email address associated with this eForum.

I have another email address associated with My Vodafone.

I don't want to post either of them on an open forum - how do you suggest I send them to you?

Best regards,

NN

Stone cold Dead.

For 9 days now my VSS3 has been lying with its feet in the air and its plug pointing skywards.

I still don't have an address to send it for repair - please help.

Best regards,

NN

WRT165 [#5742789]

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi nakednorman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see your email from the 14 January is in our email queue.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we reach it.

Thanks,

Gemma

I thought you may like to know that this is now resolved.  A new VSS3 arrived yesterday and was working after about 30 minutes.

Thank you to all who helped with this.

NN

I have the same problem.  Totally dead. No lights under any circumstances. I also want to mail the dead VSS3 for repair or replacement. 

How? 

Where?

Speed test 5.42 0.84
Ping Test Line quality B+
Ping 31ms
Jitter 2ms
Unable to test packet loss
IP 109.157.242.1
IPV6 ::ffff:6d9d:f201

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RobertShip

Everything you’ve provided looks fine.

Please get back to us with your Sure Signal serial number so we can look into it further

Thanks,

Jenny