Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal via Sure Signal. NG34 South Lincs

tjtops
4: Newbie

Been instructed to do this by Twitter team! Why I have no idea.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? N/A. No mobile coverage here hence having VSS in first place.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? N/A

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? as posted elsewhere (with no response). Vss v3. 3 lights steady. No 4th light.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? n/a. VSS only works on 3G

6) When did you first notice this issue? on and off over months. Major issue last 2 weeks 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent now

13 REPLIES 13

butako

I am having the same problem. Vodafone did something about ~2 weeks ago to mine too.

For me - the problem is the SS device only emits a 3G signal but my phone was set to use 4G preferred network and there was a weak LTE 4G signal from outside. Change phone to 3G preferred and it connects to the SS. 

Sadly that doesn't do it for me! My phone WAS set to 3gpreferred/2G... when I changed it to 3G only it (the SS) started working again. Then yesterday, for no reason at all, it stopped working. (Lights on it all OK but no signal to phone!)

And yet they persist in denying it.... I've seen other posts saying the same thing too..... does yours work now? If so, what did you have to do?

Yes mine is working fine now. 

Switched to 3G mode, connects OK. 

See thread: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-3G-only-gt-handset-using-4G-network/m...

tjtops

Yep. Me too. As much use as a chocolate teapot. Achieved nothing.

But they assure me someone 'who will be able to fix it' will ring me tomorrow morning.......

Sorry..... hit 'send' too soon! It certainly didn't 'cure' mine!! Still no signal... 

I'll be interested to know how they fix it because I am guessing this is by design of the 3G/4G telephone network and not really in Vodafones hands. 4G is better than 3G, so your phone is going to prefer to use the external 4G network at all times, even if it's weaker than the strong 3G from the SS box. 

What the could do is upgrade the SS device to broadcast a 4G signal, but I am guessing that may require a hardware change. I guess that's for v4!

Sorry - I replied too soon :Smiling:

Good luck finding a solution!