cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone doesn't connect to Sure Signal despite being registered, no standard signal either

ElliottandNolan
2: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal yesterday, was unable to register it due to there being no link on the Vodafone website to do so (account page is different to the one shown in the Vodafone video). SO had to ring 191 and eventually my phone was registered to it. It now works brilliantly. Later I rang to get my wife's phone registered to it. That got done and she was sent a text to confirm it.

The problem now is that her phone is not connecting to it and, not only that, but the meagre signal that she used to get at home has now disappeared altogether, and her phone won't connect at all until she is outside the range of the Sure Signal.

Her phone is an old Blackberry Curve, if that makes a difference. She's reluctant to get a new phone as the Blackberry suits her very well.

All advice welcome.

5 REPLIES 5

dbdave

Has she selected 3G preferred on her phone?

I've just tried that thanks. It doesn't have a 'preferred' setting, it just offer the choice of auto or manual switching, and a choice between 2G and 3G or just 2G or just 3G. I've been through every permutation and still no joy.

@ElliottandNolan

A 3G connection will need to be maintained, to allow for optimum connection with your Vodafone Sure Signal. 

Optimum! It would be good to get any signal. I've set it to 3G only but it hasn't made any difference.

@ElliottandNolan - So we can check everything’s registered OK, please get back to us with your Sure Signal serial number.