Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone not connecting to Sure Signal

dave0583
4: Newbie

I have a new handset and sim card that will not connect to my sure signal. My old sim and phone did and other vodafone handsets in my house still work. Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

21 REPLIES 21

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

I have already followed the troubleshooting advice and reset my suresignal numerous times, however this doesnt help the situation. We have two Vodafone contracts, one works wiht the suresignal, however the other one doesnt. The non-working one has recently had a new sim and handset since which it hasnt connected to the suresignal. I have disabled 4G and 2G on the handset in question, however it hasn't made any difference. The output you requested is below.

The suresignal has a steady power and system lights. It is clearly something to do with the one handset

Ping 15ms
Jitter 0ms
Download speed 12.17Mbps
Upload speed 0.79Mbps
IP address 80.176.140.126

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    11 ms    12 ms    11 ms  194.159.169.241
  3    12 ms    12 ms    11 ms  anchor-access-4-s2003.router.demon.net.23.217.19
4.in-addr.arpa [194.217.23.9]
  4    12 ms    11 ms    12 ms  gi7-0-0-dar3.lah.uk.cw.net [194.159.161.90]
  5    12 ms    12 ms    12 ms  xe-0-1-0-xur1.lns.uk.cw.net [193.195.25.70]
  6    12 ms    12 ms    11 ms  xe-0-3-0-xur1.lns.cw.net [194.70.97.66]
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Serial number 40120206566

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @dave0583 ,

Thanks for posting your details. We need these to check more for you.

I can see your Sure Signal hasn't contacted our servers since July. I've set up a manual synchronisation so that your unit picks up the new SIM card details for your number.

Please perform a soft reset of your Sure Signal any time from 8am today (Thursday) to complete the process. It should take no longer than six hours to then update and set back up again.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben_H,

As instructed I have reset my sure signal and will wait and see what happens. I am confused as you are saying it hasnt connected since July yet it definitely works with some handsets. I have absolutely no signal at home and all bar one handset have full 3g signal which is from the Suresignal. This is confirmed as when you use the mobile the phone light illuminates on the front of the Suresignal. So it must have connected as recently as this morning. I have double checked the serial number and it is as per my previsous message.

I will post again once the Suresignal has connected and proivde an update.

Regards,

Ok so since your reset my suresignal has not been able to connect. You seem to have totally broken it now.

Please advise, I have tried turning it on and off serval times as well as resetting it.

Hi @dave0583

Please can you advise of the light sequence that is now appearing on the Vodafone Sure Signal?

Cheers,

Laura

Well,

I am at my wits end.....

I have used a SureSignal on BT Infinity (Homehub3 VersionA) for a couple of years.. last week it stopped working.

I have NO Vodafone signal at home and the only reason all our mobile phones are Vodafone is so we can use the SureSignal.

So far...

Seven hours waiting for an agent to appear on the Vodafone Chat support then

Two session with the tech support giving me settings that I can't understand and which don't match my router menu.

Yesterday I bought a Vodafone Suresignal3....  and that deosn't work either.

BT haven't got a clue how to help except to sign me up to an £8 per month Tech support service

My options... fix the sure signal (preferable)

Move from BT but where?? Which fibre network / router works with Suresignal? Is Sky better?

Cancel all my our Vodaphone contracts anmd move to another supplier?

As for the Vodafone website.. awful. I registered for the forum and it lets you "ask a question"... you then see posts already listed but no sign as to how you start a new post, hence I posted this reply instead of a new thread.

In summary, I donlt think Vodafone knows or cares how to fix it and BT are not much better..

If anyone can help I would be so grateful, or if not a fix then advice about where to go if I dump BT (and Vodafone?) 

I have thirteen days to return the Suresignal3  and can easily terminate my Vodafone and BT Infinity contracts if that is the best answer.

Many thanks

Gerry

Personally I doubt it is BT, as a network engineer I work with VPNs etc all the time and from what I can gather the suresignal is exactly that, a secured tunnel to Vodafone. You will get the usual Vodafone flanell.

Best bet is to cancel with Vodafone and move elsewhere. I would suggest having a party, for two reasons. Firstly you are leaving Vodafone, secondly you can see which of you friends has signal on which netowrk at your house.

I have found out that O2 have full 4G reception in my house so guess where I'm going.....

Thankyou for your replies...

The forum reads like Monty Pythons Cheese Shop sketch..

They (Vodafone) obviously feel it will make people think they are being helped if they ask them to carry out the suggested tests... Having read the posts, I can't see anyone actually being helped, so clearly the majority of customers encountering problems are frustrasted and are not getting their devices working.

The website advice doesn't match the booklet that comes with the SS V3, the Tech support (once you finally get through to them) whilst being perfectly pleasent,  didn't help me at all... in fact they promised it would be working in an hour.. well five days later I still have no service.... that is certainly the way to keep your customers happy.

If I were the Custoimer Service Manager I would frankly be embarrased. 

I am tempeted to request that the SS is withdrawn from sale as it may breach the Consumer Protection regulations as it is clearly not of mercahtable quality  i..e. it does not work!

The fact that no Vodafone person has replied indicates that they are unable to offer a defense or solutions to customers problems... and that's also clear from the forum.

If anyone has a fibre service / router type that works, I would be grateful to hear of it?

Meanhwile, I'll wait in hope of a reply from Vodafone.

A simple port forwearding / setup guide would be sooooo appreciated.... or even better, a reply from a Tech support person that knows how to make it work / identify the problem(s).

Camembert anyone?

Gerry