Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port Fording Help

torvil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I need to open the ports on my VF router to allow me to remotely view the NVR Controlling some IP cameras. The router used to do this fine but I had reset it and no I can no longer remote vie the NVR either connected via the same network or away from home. I strongly suspect it’s because the ports are now showing close on a port checker. I’ve gone into the menu and found port moping but I’m not sure exactly how to set the rest up. Can any help me please?

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @torvil, you can open your ports by following the below steps when logging into your router menu:

- Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1

- Enter the password: vodafone

- In the top right, change this mode to expert mode

- Go to the Internet tab

- Click on Port Mapping on the left hand side

- Click on the plus option

- Select the device, enter the protocol you need and the type

- Hit save and then apply

Please let us know how you get on :Smiling:

Hello and thanks Natasha. 

I followed your instructions and opened ports 80,8000,&554 On my router remembering to slide the button across and applied. However I’m not sure if this worked as I have logged on to a port checking website via an alternative Wi-fi network, entered my external IP address and those ports are still showing as closerd. I need the ports open to be able to remote view my HOME NVR. 

Any ideas??

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@torvil Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your port forwarding. I've found this thread on the forum, that I was hoping would be of some use to you, you can check it out here. There's a very thorough post about port forwarding and port mapping.

Let us know how you get on and don't hesitate to pop back if you're still having problems.