Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem registering a number ported from EE, on a Sure Signal box

tjgray2011
4: Newbie

After porting it from EE, I am now having a right old game, trying to get my Vodafone  number registered on our Sure Signal Box. It repeatedly gives a "We are working hard to resolve a problem" message followed by an error code.  The number itself is working fine on Vodafone, so the PAC code supplied by EE has obviously worked, but for more than ten days now, I get this error message every time I try to "Add a User".  Adding other Vodafone numbers works first time every time, so it has to be something to do with my account itself.  Customer services have been no use at all, and our last experience of them was a series of lies, followed by an infuriating repeat of the ever extending completed resolution time - hence, I turn to this forum.  Has anyone else experienced this anomaly and if so, how did you resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @tjgray2011

Ive seen this happen before in previous posts which points to Vodafones systems still recognising the number as not a Vodafone Mobile Number due to the port in.

If I recall right this usually self resolves when everything has fully settled. 

That said I understand and appreciate how frustrating this must be especially as a SS is needed for areas of poor signal. 

If the Vodafone Social Media Team here can help im sure they will. 

Can I assume you are unable to use Vodafones Calling Over WiFi in the interim ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, correct - my Samsung Note-4 does not support calling over WiFi, so it is of no use when I am in the house.

I sincerely believe that the fault may not be an issue over porting per-se, and thus it will not self correct.. On a "Web Chat in the early hours of this morning I learned that the issue seems to be the continued existence of a pre-existing dormant Vodafone account also associated with my email address.  The Web Chat operator assured me that this will eventually be deleted and the problem will disappear in a further 2 - 24 hours... but pardon my cynicism - ten days after reporting this - it is still there, preventing the association of services as it has no phone or IMEI to associate them with. 

Does any of that make sense to you and ring true to the experience of others - or have I just been fobbed off again?

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tjgray2011 So we can take a closer look into what is happening with your Vodafone sure signal.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

I'd also advise giving us as much detail as you can about this duplicate account that you have, so we can make sure that it's canceled :Thumbs_Up: