main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

SS V3 not connecting to internet/router

3: Seeker

Hi,

Please can you advise on my issue below.

Thank you,

The issue you’re experiencing:
SS V3 has been working perfectly for 8 months. This morning suddenly no connectivity to internet (Virgin Media Hub 3.0). Have done all checks, diagnostics, etc and have also spoken to Virgin Media about it. All other devices on the router are working perfectly. Router diagnostics show no issues with router.
What light sequence you're seeing:
Red strip light is flashing.

Light one - orange steady

Light two - unlit

Light three - orange steady

Your speed test results from here.
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Your external IP address from here.
Your IP Address is

Your IPv6 Address is
::ffff:561a:625e86.26.98.94

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.
VSS Traceroute command
Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 4 ms 6 ms 6 ms 192.168.0.1
2 15 ms 19 ms 13 ms 10.9.128.1
3 15 ms 13 ms 16 ms swan-core-2a-xe-1130-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.0.248.49]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * 24 ms m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.174]
7 19 ms 18 ms 18 ms uk-lon03a-ri2-ae-50-0.aorta.net [84.116.135.69]

8 21 ms 22 ms 22 ms 213.46.174.130
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

View more options
56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted

Hi All 

Spent some time getting through to VF Customer Services earlier to query why my Vodafone Suresignal has not worked at all today, no changes or alterations my side, red light and two static amber lights, after a challanging call it was explained that it looks like VirginMedia have changed something their side which has caued lots of SureSignal's to drop off the network overnight.

Are we able to have this confirmed in this thread, as dont want to be phobbed off stating this is a Peering Issue between VF/VM with no firm ETA in place to understand when this will be resolved, reliant on the VF SureSignal day to day due to living in a poor signal issue.....happy to just get a 3G signal yet alone pushing 5G out that will be another emerging technology lots of folk wont get !

Many thanks 

Jon

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and like you, only seems to be from the morning for some reason. Cannot work out why it's suddenly not working.

View more options
Highlighted

If you are on VirginMedia and only had this issue today (like myself), i was told on a VF Call just now to CS that this is a perring issue between VF/VM, however no ETA given and i requested the "master" ticket reference which is standard in most organisations but this was not given, i did make a different thread asking for confirmation of this from the VF folk on here see if we get some better sense and knowing ETA on resolution.

Mine was working all weekend, just stopped this morning with a red light and two stable abmer lights, no matter what i do to try and get it re-connected it just wont, indicating a possible issue elsewere....

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm getting exactly the same problem - on Virgin Media and VSS has been working fine for months then suddenly not working this morning with flashing red light and 1st and 3rd lights solid orange.

View more options
Highlighted

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm getting exactly the same problem - on Virgin Media and VSS has been working fine for months then suddenly not working this morning with flashing red light and 1st and 3rd lights solid orange

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for the update that you have had. Sounds like we have eactly the same issue which only occured at the same time so logic would dictate that this is due to the issue are referring to. I was thinking that the SS itself had developed a fault but your info seems much more plausible a reason. When you say 'perring' was this a typo for 'pairing' or a technical tern that I am not awae of?

View more options
Highlighted

Seems like we all have the same issue guys. Hopefully, the info that Jon has requesetd elsewhere will become available i.e. ETA for fix. At least we know our SS are not faulty...still extremely frustrtaing though!!

View more options
Highlighted

I've got the exact same issue too. Tried everything including all the port forwarding. Even bought a new router (I was going to do this anyway) & put the superhub 3 in modem mode, but no luck at all.

I took the SS with me to a friend's place (ISP is hyperoptic) yesterday and the SS connected within 30 minutes. Brought it back with me and plugged in, it connected up just fine and has worked fine today, up until just now and now I have the 2 solid orange lights again.

Seems like some kind of initial registration/sync issue which can't complete when on a Virgin connection?

View more options
Highlighted

Yes...same here..... as raised on an other thread.

Come on VF...please give us an update as I am extremely dependant on my SS in my home office. Looking forward to your update.

View more options
Highlighted

Same here, see reply on other thread.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey Elliot, Peering is a technical term, when data is sent from one host to another, used in this way we are talking "big data" between two big companies, sometimes one company will alter a route or how traffic is shaped, in this case either VF or VM have changed something their side which has upset the apple-cart for us as a customer, something that the two companies engage around and resolve, hopefully sooner than later.

View more options
Highlighted

A lot of customers will now be playing with their settings, like i did earlier today, uPNP Mapping and Port Forward Mapping in routers, rebooting stuff and moving kit around the house, trying to get it working, so im hoping and praying that mine starts working again by itself once this issue has been resolved, but something tells me i have meddled with something that didnt need to be meddled with from a customer side....

As soon as i mentioned Sure Signal issues on the phone to VF, i was asked if i am with VirginMedia and as soon as i said yes i was told this is an issue between VF/VM.

I have had the issue that someone else mentioned, which is to take your SS to someone elses house that has BT or Sky Broadband and the device will then initially register to get you over that hurdle, then take it back to a VM broadband house, done that in the past, but havent tried it this time, perhaps will try that this week if this isnt resolved and i get desperate

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Jon. Thanks for the great explanation ....every day is indeed a school day,,👍

Here’s hoping to either a quick resolution or at least a response from VF on this forum. Thanks again, mate. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I have the same issues.  Asked to reboot etc and still the two orange lights. Was asked to get a replacement unit?

When can we expect a resolution?

View more options
Highlighted

I have this problem too today - we went over to Virgin a few weeks ago and the Suresignal has been fine but in the last few days I've had to reset it several times but today it just stays with flashing red light and 2 amber lights. despite multiple resets. This is a real pain as there's absolutely NO signal for any network here and Virgin seemingly offered the answers to our rubbish broadband speeds digging up the lanes and laying their fibre... There's going to be a LOT of disgruntled villagers here (it's a big village >3000 inhabitants, and most people are on Vodafone because they're the only ones with a Suresignal device) but if it doesn't work then why should we stay with them?!  Grrr?!?*! Come on let's have a fix PDQ!

View more options
Highlighted

@jondalling, I tried taking the SS to a friend's house, it initialised and connected there, I took it back home and it worked for 2 days, but has fallen over again this evening.

So might be a short term workaround for anyone that desperately needs their SS as I do.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Jon. Seems strange that SS initially connects to the router then falls of after a while. My only concern is whether or not VM will actually resolve this as I have seen other historic reports that certain ISP’s routers will just not work with the SS. Hopefully, this won’t be the case going forward with VM. 

View more options
Highlighted

Apologies Gurdeep, I misread who had posted. 

View more options
Highlighted

No worries @elliottholmes, I actually use the SuperHub 3 in modem mode now with an Asus router but the problem still persists so I don't think it is a router issue, more an issue with the Virgin connection which is more worrying as it can't be sorted out by replacing the SuperHub.

View more options