cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Second phone refuses to connect to SureSignal - it used to, nothing has changed!

tonyvcarter
6: Helper

I have had a working Sure Signal 3 for ages. Until recently my 2 phones (Samsung S8+ and Samsung S4 Mini both worked fine with it.

The sure signal stopped working recently and after resetting my router, replacing some network connectors and switches, it started working again, but only for one phone. I have deregistered the unit, registered again and added the second phone but the Samsung Mini still refuses to connect to the SS3. Have also done numerous resets on the phone and SS3.

It one point the Samsung Mini briefly picked up 5 stripes, presumably from the SS3 but reported that the Vodafone network was unavailable. Have tried reseating the SIM card.

I do have a spare SS3 but can’t see the logic of swapping it out.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

tonyvcarter

I just swapped the SIM card to another Samsung phone with a similar result. Except this time the phone eventually showed 5 stripes but displayed the message "not connected to network" or words to that effect.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Probably not the solution but as a test can you turn off any 4g setting if relevant to that model of phone to force it into 3G. 

Customer services can resync the SS if you ask them but it’s certainly a conundrum with one phone connecting and the other won’t !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi we have the same issue with the SureSignal v3.  Worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago, then started to have problems with signal dropping off.  The device finally stopped working completely this week and has been replaced, however only 1 out of 3 phones works.

They are different iphone versions on a mix of iOS releases and only the 7 running iOS 10.0.3 works and has full signal, the other 2 have no service.  sometimes they may get service for a short period but then revert to no service.

I have tried every user corrective action, resets, setting to 3G, de-register and re-register......   Nothing addresses the issue, I have to assume a software change for the suresignal or the terminating device within the Vodafone network has taken place that is causes the issue.

It appears a number of people are having simular problems currently if you look around the forum.

Given I have the issue on different apple phones on different SW and you have it on andriod it discounts the phones are the problem.

Vodafone we need you to look into this.

I have the same problem my iPhone 6 is working but my wife’s iPhone 5 does not, we have 2 SS a V2 that works with both phones and a brand new V3 that does not. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dalison@tonyvcarter and @riharvey

So we can take a look into this for you, please complete the steps in our troubleshooting guide.

I deregistered my wife’s phone 2 days ago and waited 24 hours. Registered the phone today around 11 am, as a check I registered my iPad which has cellular capability. I also added it to the V2 suresignal at the other end of the house, which works with my wife’s phone. I reset the V3 when I got home and after it had finally completed initialising checked it with my wife’s phone and the iPad. No reception on both with no bars displayed. It continues to work with my phone (registered as owner). Checked if my iPad works with the V2 and it does. The V3 is a brand new unit purchased last week. Cant be a problem with broadband as one phone is working, so please don’t ask me to run pathtrace as that is just a delaying tactic. I would like some sensible answers please. It might be worth you trying a resync.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dalison This is unusual to hear. It sounds like there's an issue adding the numbers to your Sure Signal V3. 

Our Live Chat team will be happy to get this sorted for you.

If you continue to experience issues after you've spoken with them, please let us know your Sure Signal V3 serial number, as advised in the troubleshooting guide. We'll then be able to look into into this.