Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim change, SS3 ignoring phone.

AndrueC
4: Newbie

I bought a new phone and you sent me a nano sim. Now my SS3 won't connect. So far I have:

* Reset the SS3.

* Deregistered.

* Registered.

* Reset the SS3

Could someone re-synch my SS3 please?

S/No: 42151685767

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This may / may not help but try navigating into the phones settings and turn off any relevant 4G setting to force the phone onto 3G. 

In this troubleshooting guide is an option called 'Issue not listed' which explains how to run a traceroute. 

Can you paste it bsck here for the Tech Tean to look at. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

Further FAQs Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

When a Sim Swap has been done its recommended to de register the number for 24 hours from the Sure Signal. 

And after that timeframe re register the number. 

Current Phone  >

Okay. What a faff!

Why is it that pretty much everything involving Vodafone is such a faff and a palaver?

I'll see how it goes for now.

BandOfBrothers

Message #2 in this thread explains what happens. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-signal-not-connecting-after-sim-swap/m-p/2...

Current Phone  >

The lights on the unit (42151685767) are fine but my phone is still ignoring it after I switched to a new SIM.

I have de-registered and registered (leaving 24 hours between the two). According to my account the SS3 is now 'active'. I have rebooted my phone. Nothing has changed concerning my internet connection so I don't see that being the issue.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

This may / may not help but try navigating into the phones settings and turn off any relevant 4G setting to force the phone onto 3G. 

In this troubleshooting guide is an option called 'Issue not listed' which explains how to run a traceroute. 

Can you paste it bsck here for the Tech Tean to look at. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

Further FAQs Here.

Current Phone  >

Yah, that did it. I suddenly guessed that after reading these two snippets of information:

From the SS3 FAQ:

"Will my Sure Signal work with 4G?

Your 4G signal is not boosted by your Sure Signal – but your 3G signal still is. So when you take a call, your device is automatically on 3G and uses your Sure Signal, as we don’t offer calls over 4G.

When using data on your device at home, our 4G signal takes priority over your Sure Signal if you’re not connected to your home Wi-Fi network."

and elsewhere:

"Experience crystal clear calls with HD Voice from Vodafone. This new technology improves the quality of each person’s voice while reducing background noise on every call between compatible Vodafone mobiles."

Maybe someone ought to update the FAQ. Since I don't want to limit my phone to 3G this suggests I might as well dump the SS3. I'll just have to hope that wifi calling kicks in although so far it shows no sign of doing so even when my phone is only showing one bar.

Further testing shows that voice calls are fine over 4G. Interestingly although my phone only shows one or two bars when idle it jumps up to 3 bars when actually in use.

So it looks like Vodafone's roll-out of 4G in my area has made the SS unneccessary. Well done Vodafone.

It's not an iPhone. I refuse to pay those kind of prices or play in that small a garden :Smiling:

It's a Samsung S7 Edge. It claims to have wifi calling enabled (had to wait for the network for the option to appear) but based on this morning's tests I suspect it realises it doesn't need it.

It seems that I no longer live in a poor signal area - at least as far as 4G is concerned.

BandOfBrothers

Ah ok.  :Smiling:

I've recently changed from an iPhone 6 Plus (been using iPhones from the iPhone 4 onwards) to the s7 edge myself and loving it. 

However the Samsung s7 edge has to have been supplied directly by Vodafone for Calling over wifi to work. 

I purchased mine sim free from my local Samsung Experience Store. 

Current Phone  >