Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim not provisioned

Petehaycock
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My old fone is still active with same number,girl in store said all set to go but I don't see how,with 2 active fones and 1 number,coming up SIM not provisioned and not registered on network?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Petehaycock

For a good response, lets get this on the correct board.  Are you pay monthly or PAYG?

If you have been into a store and the advisor has done a SIM swap, the number should be transferred to the new SIM within the hour, try turning off your old phone, this may help the number transfer to the new replacement SIM.  If you still have problems, you may need to go back to the store or contact Vodafone through the Customer Services channels for help and advise.

There is further information for you here: Activate a New SIM and here: My SIM swap hasn't worked – what should I do?

thanks but my old fone is locked on a bus in daventry I think,I've been ringing it frequently in an attempt to flatten the battery thus switching it off,so was thinking on those lines,couldn't see how 2 fones and 1 number would work,theyd both ring,I'm pay monthly by the way

AnnS

Hi @Petehaycock

I have  moved your thread to the pay monthly board.

You won't be ringing the phone, it is not possible to have two SIM's with the same number, it won't matter if you are calling from your new phone or an alternative phone, you will effectively be calling the same one number and any call will come through to your new phone.  Your SIM swap will have worked, the old SIM is SIM not provisioned and not connected to the network.

If you are unable to get your old phone back from being locked in a bus it may be an idea to ask Vodafone to IMEI block your old phone and not the phone you are currently using to call Customer Services, they have been known to IMEI block the wrong phone.