Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

Thanks Simon.  I should have mentioned that I currently still have the SS attached to my old Plusnet broadband, which I have not yet got disconnected.  It does (sort of!) work with the Plusnet but because the speed is too slow (300Kbps, due to excessive line length), it is often not useable.  Any idea how long it takes to get the IP addresses updated on the whitelist?  When that's done I'll move it over to the Exwavia broadband and try it again.  Many thanks, Don

Hi,

I too am one of the long suffering Sky VSS users . . . only realised today how widespread the problem is (the 2 calls I have made to Vodafone didn't mention any issues specific to Sky surprisingly)

I have an original VSS and a Netgear Sky Broadband router with an IP address of 90.209.104.170

It all stopped working a few months ago and the calls I have made to Vodafone haven't resolved the issue. I have been through the trouble shooting guide on website and I can see through the Netgear router that an IP address is being assigned to the VSS box.

It currently just has the top light showing green 

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi there Bald_Wizard,

Thanks for your post.

Could you first of all provide me with your Sure Signal serial number so I can take a look?

I've checked the IP address that you've given and it's included in our whitelist so this isn't preventing a connection to our servers.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

My Sure Signal serial number is: 21230679660

Cheers,
Rob

Hi,

Basically mine will come on, both white lights (Power and Phone signal) will flash for around 10 minutes and then go back to a dim red power light only.  It keeps repeating this process again and again without ever picking up my mobile phone.

My serial number is 40110916570

Thanks

Hi Bald_Wizard and billy1980,

Just to clarify, there is no specific issue with Sky routers. Philip42h has posted higher up this very page with a perfect explanation of what was happening previously, and we are now in frequent contact with Sky to ensure that any new IP addresses are captured and whitelisted as soon as possible.

The issue you're describing with just the power light showing means that the Sure Signal is not managing to connect with our servers. I can see that both of you have managed a connection over the last couple of days but have posted since, so I've performed a re-sync of both of your Sure Signals. Can you both perform a factory reset for me to complete this and see if this frees up whatever is causing the issue.

If this fails, can you check out our Sure Signal - Steady Power Light Only troubleshooter and follow the instructions at the very start of the thread for me? 

Dave

pendlerose
4: Newbie

Hi

Just bought a sure signal and on sky broadband

sure signal serial is 40121452516

Ip address is2.126.44.83 MER
both lights flash for approimatly 10 mins then go out and reset
it says registered and had email confiming
Also trying to add my works phone ported approx 2 weeks ago from O2 to vodafone and it won't let me

Mark

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pendlerose

Thank you for your post and the additional information.:smileyhappy:

I have checked the IP address and this is included, it sounds as though the device is trying to register.

Can you post the following results to this thread?

Speedtest and Pingtest

Your IP address.

Traceroute.

• On a PC / Laptop :
  • Click on Start  and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  • A black box will appear.
  • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177    press Enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi, hope you can help -

My SS not working also.

IP Address Network Type
MER

Thanks

Hi iarobertshaw,

I can confirm that the IP address that you have given to us is on the whitelist however, as you are having issues please can you let me know the following;

Your Sure Signal serial number,

The results of a speed test,

The results of a ping test,

The results of a traceroute.

Once we have this information we will be able to help you further.

Traceroute command.

On a PC / Laptop :

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177    press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

James