cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Siginal Woes? Read this first (Trust me it's worth it)

andyed123
2: Seeker

If like me you find your sure signal box has overheated and exploded and it's beyond the 1 year warranty. There is hope.

The live chat and technical teams will tell you to go to the store to prove the box is faulty and collect a replacement. THIS IS NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN - the sure signal boxes are not available at any stores and can only be sourced via the custromer services team. This is the script they have to follow - unfortunately it's just total rubbish.

Call the VERY HELPFUL customer complaints team in Belfast on - [Removed] - They will listen, understand and send you out a new box regardless of the age. They are a breathe of fresh air.

If you are having problems connecting the sure signal with virgin media then follow this helpful guide from 4 years ago :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-amp-Virgin-Media-Super-Hub...

This rectified what 5 days and ten hours dealing with the technical team could not!

The only advice I ever got from Vodafone technical was wait 6 hours, then wait 24 hours, now wait 48 hours, now reset the box, now unplug the box, reset the router, call inbternet provider, watch the flashing lighhts, now wait 6 hours, now 24 hours, and 48 hours - Ad infinitum.. . Fingers crossed eh :Smiling:

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @andyed123

There is a long running thread on the Sure Signal board in connection to Version 3 of the Sure Signal too. 

May i advise The Sure Signal comes with a 24 month warranty not 12 months. 

However with the V3 Sure Signal customer service are helping and I read replacing as and where necessary even if the manufacturing warranty has expired. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

andyed123

Seems Vodafone have removed the customer services telephone number. Why? I don't believe it violates any forum rules. Seems a bit counter productive to me. 

BandOfBrothers

Some Vodafone Contact numbers are for an individual's use if supplied by Vodafone to them and not for general public consumption. 

Customer services on on 191 or Live Chat deal with general enquiries and Sure Signal queries initially. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I completely get that people

should be directed to the front line team first. But they are clearly getting it so wrong. I was offering a shortcut and saving people valuable time and frustration. 

Well I tried guys. 

I  suggest you call and ask to be put through to the complaints team straight away. 

@andyed123 and others.

Go have a look here

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options