main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal 3 Unbar

2: Seeker

Hello, 

Hoping someone can help with my problem. I recently bought a sure signal from a seller on Ebay. It arrived last Friday and since then I've been having issues. After 6 live chat sessions we got it working on Monday morning, solid red power light and two solid white lights. My iphone had full signal whereas usually it has none. Anyway, I had to contact live chat again that day as I couldn't add my wife's vodafone number. Since that chat, with operator called Safarij, I cannot connect, and I've just been informed by tech team that this sure signal is de-registered, despite me having all the chat transcripts, and my own viewing online, that it was active and registered to me at my postcode!

According to the vodafone site, after a prolonged period of inactivation the sure signal will be de-registered, but can be registered again to a new owner. Similarly, if I look at my account online, it says the sure signal is suspended and needs re-activation but when I try I get an error message.

Anyway, I've been totally disapointed with live help, and it appears to me that someone has now put a bar on the device. I personally saw the device working and registered to me yet I was basically told I was lying by a vodafone tech member. 

Anu help appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
17: Community Champion

Hi @manindesert

My understanding is that the original owner has to be the one that 100% de registers it. Vodafone shouldn't do this for anyone apart from the original owner. 

If a SS isn't used in any 3 month period a temporary bar can be placed on it and will only be removed for the original owner. 

If it's not been used for 12 months or more then it's permanently barred. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@BandOfBrothersHello,

I just corresponded with the original owner who confirmed he'd deregistered it ages ago, and he sent a screenshot of his online account showing no sure signal present. I've even gone over my chat transcripts with Vodafone live help which show that the technicians even confirm that it was active on my account. 

Hopefully someone from Vadafone can explain why it is all of a sudden suspended (as stated on my account), and why I get an error when I try to re-activate. 

wrote:

Hi @manindesert

My understanding is that the original owner has to be the one that 100% de registers it. Vodafone shouldn't do this for anyone apart from the original owner. 

If a SS isn't used in any 3 month period a temporary bar can be placed on it and will only be removed for the original owner. 

If it's not been used for 12 months or more then it's permanently barred. 

View more options

Has the seller indicated how long it has been since they've not used the sure signal @manindesert

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @manindesert

As you mentioned the device was working correctly before you had the live chat, I suspect the chat agent may have dereistered the Sure Signal when you had problems adding your Wife's number.  This may have been done enable to reregister and then add your Wife's number.

Try clearing your PC cache and cookies, going into your online account and seeing if it is possible to reregister the device to your account.. as soon as it shows as active, you should then be able to add your Wife's number, try adding as 447...............  If this does not work, the number should be able to be added manually by Customer Services or live chat.

If there are still problems and Customer Services are unable to help, please come back to the forum.

View more options

According to Vodafone live help, the last communication with the server was 01/04/2017. The seller said he de-registered it months ago but hasn't provided any proof. I'm aware that a sure signal is de-activated after 12 months, but I've read that it can be re-activated for a new owner. 

View more options

Hi AnnS,

I'll give this a try now. Having just been on the phone with level 2 technicians from Vodafone they are saying the sure signal is de-activated as the original owner didn't use it for 12 months.  This conflicts with all the chat transcripts from other technicians saying it was active (clearly it wasn't). Let's hope that your advice works.

D

View more options

@manindesert wrote:

According to Vodafone live help, the last communication with the server was 01/04/2017. The seller said he de-registered it months ago but hasn't provided any proof. I'm aware that a sure signal is de-activated after 12 months, but I've read that it can be re-activated for a new owner. 

Hi @manindesert

From the info in the following link an unused SS for 12 months + cannot be used again.

My-Sure-Signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do-How-can-I-reset-it.

"If you have not used your Sure Signal for 12 months we will automatically de-registeryour device. After this point it will not be possible to re activate this on our network."

Whatever Vodafone did for it to spur into life hasn't held most probably due to the usage period. 

If this was my situation id be thinking of returning it to the seller due to the current issues and time already spent trying to get it working,  and buy one direct from Vodafone. I appreciate that route might be more expensive than a 2nd hand one. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Good morning,

Yes, I believe you may be right on this course of action. I've already contacted the seller and explained the situation....but I've received the "it was working and it's now a vodafone issue" reply. Guess it will be down to Ebay to arbitrate. 

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated!

D

View more options