Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 Warranty Period?

cautrey01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone please confirm the warranty period on the SS3? 

I purchased the unit in March 2014 and it is now dead.  Lights not coming on when plugged in.   Very disapointing to have this fail with 2 years of purchase.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

24 months. 

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thnanks - the guy at the Vodafone shop in Putney was adement it was only 12 months and refused to serve me.  How do I get around this?

I have looked at th troubleshooting guide and cannot see anything relating to no lights coming on at all.

AnnS

@cautrey01

Welcome to the Community.

If you purchased March 2014, you should just be in the warranty period.

There is further support on the link below.

Vodafone Sure Signal - Support

Give Vodafone a call, hopefully something can be done for you.

@cautrey01 - Please try changing the power supply to see if this works, if not then go down the warranty route.

Hi @Retired-Charles

I thought the power supply swap out was for the SS1 & 2 versions. 

@cautrey01 I would suggest going back or to another Vodafone store to have this looked at. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers - That's right, I meant the power socket where it's plugged in.

harkin252
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
How can I check if my sure signal 3 is still under warranty as there are no lights at all not even the red power light

@harkin252

Warranty period is irrelevant if your SS3 has no lights on. There is a known common fault with these devices and currently they have an agreement with Trading Standards to replace ANY showing signs of burn out, rattling or simply no lights on them.

IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THIS DEVICE FROM THE SOCKET:

- IT IS DANGEROUS

- NO ATTEMPT TO REPAIR SHOULD BE CARRIED OUT!

- DO NOT RUN ANY TESTS - even if advised by Vodafone

Your SureSignal has failed, go to the thread below for the full sad sorry saga of this device and how to claim your new free replacement.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Bu...

It is an issue that Vodafone have been aware of for over three years and more so in the last 9 months since I got Trading Standards involved who are currently seeking to prove a design fault to force a full recall of all older versions.

Ensure you report your failed unit to Trading Standards at the address below.

You are now entitled to a FREE replacement, regardless of warranty status without any suggestion of:

• Payment of any kind
  • Contract upgrade
  • Or that your device is out of warranty

Please see Page1 of the link I put earlier as to Vodafone CEO's agreement with Trading Standards in regards to both in and out of warranty replacement.

Any problems, go to the end of my posting and let us know there as my thread is actively monitored by 'knowledgeable' Tech Team Member's.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@harkin252

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.