main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal (9361 Home Cell)

13: Advanced Member

I have a Sure Signal 9361 that hasn't been used since I ceased to be a Vodafone customer.
I would like to sell this but I understand that it needs to be unlinked from my former account before it can be used by anybody else.
Can you please advise thecourse of action I should take?
Thank you,

Peter

Peter
View more options
12 REPLIES 12
Administrator

@allegoricus Hi Peter, can you please advise how long this Sure Signal has been inactive? If it's been over 12 months, then it'd be deregistered from our network, so it wouldn't be able to be used again. 

View more options

It hasn't been used for several years. I did contact support on a voice call at the time I moved to another mobile provider but the person I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about.
Anyway, back to "it wouldn't be able to be used again" do you mean it's technically impossible (surely unlikely) or that you don't want to be bothered?

Peter
View more options
Highlighted

@allegoricus Thanks for getting back to us - we'd be unable to reactivate this for you as the device's license will have been removed permanently due to no use for 12 months. As an inactivity bar will have been placed on the device due to this, this cannot be removed as stated in the device's Ts&Cs.

View more options

Hmmm, you'll possibly already know my next question:

Is the content of the t&c's the same as it was when I acquired the device?

Peter
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Our Ts&Cs go back to 2013  @allegoricus. It clearly states that if you're not used the Sure Signal Box for 12 months, we'll stop providing the Sure Signal Services and we won't be able to reconnect it.  Sorry @allegoricus

If you need to check over the details you'll find them here under Consumer, Network and Coverage, Sure Signal: https://vodafone.uk/2Nus2kQ

Blair

View more options

I received this SureSignal unit in September 2012. I picked it up from the Vodafone store in Blackpool.
I still question your (Vodafone's) use of the term "won't be able to connect it". I don't see how this can be due to a technical issue, do you?

Regards,

Peter

Peter
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

It's not actually a technical issue @allegoricus it's part of our Ts@Cs for this service. 

"If you decide not to use the Sure Signal Service for 3 months (or more) we can suspend, restrict or stop providing the Sure Signal Services (all or part of them) and you’ll still have to pay all charges during any period of restriction or suspension. If we do this, we will, if you ask us to, reconnect the Sure Signal Services unless you’ve not used or registered your Sure Signal Box for 12 months. After this time, if you’ve not registered or used your Sure Signal Box we’ll stop providing the Sure Signal Services and won’t be able to reconnect your Sure Signal Box to the network."

View more options

OK, so we now agree that you won't reconnect this unit because it doesn't suit Vodafone's purposes, but read back and refresh your memory and you'll recall that I didn't ask you to reconnect it.
As it's no longer registered to me on the system, if I sell it to another Vodafone user, will you connect it for them?

This is all I want to be able to do.

Peter
View more options

I'm asking a perfectly reasonable question here, you can surely answer it without difficulty?
Here it is again, restated: If I sell my SureSignal to an existing Vodafone account holder, will the new owner be able to have it activated?

Peter
View more options

@allegoricus - I'm sorry for the delay. I'd recommend not to sell the Sure Signal. Due to how long it hasn't been used for, it won't work again. If you need help with anything else, then please let me know. 

View more options

But we've established that the period of time since it was last used has no significance, other than in Vodafone's contract (which we've also established doesn't apply to my SureSignal).

If Vodafone chooses to, the device can be reconnected.

If your response isn't going to change, please advice the best route for me to escalate the matter.

Regards,

Peter

Peter
View more options

As previously advised @allegoricus, "After this time, if you’ve not registered or used your Sure Signal Box we’ll stop providing the Sure Signal Services and won’t be able to reconnect your Sure Signal Box to the network."

This means that we'll no longer be able to reconnect the Sure Signal to our network, whether it's used by the original owner or has been sold to someone else. 

If you'd like to raise a complaint, you can find out more information about doing this here

View more options