Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal De-Registered and can't re-register

James266
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a Sure signal box that I havn't used for a while and wanted to get out and use again because the signal in my house is marginal. I have tried to go back to my acount and re-register it but it says that there is an error and it has been De-registered.

How can I re-active it? 

s/n#: 21230722049

It can't possibly be de-activated for good? As I paid for a box to get better phone signal and then it just expires!

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@James266

If you have not registered or used the device for 12 months, it will be removed from the network.

This is taken from the Terms and Conditions.

'If you decide not to use the Sure Signal Service for 3 months (or more) we can suspend, restrict or stop providing the Sure Signal Services (all or part of them) and you’ll still have to pay all charges during any period of restriction or suspension. If we do this, we will, if you ask us to, reconnect the Sure Signal Services unless you’ve not used or registered your Sure Signal Box for 12 months. After this time, if you’ve not registered or used your Sure Signal Box we’ll stop providing the Sure Signal Services and won’t be able to reconnect your Sure Signal Box to the network'.

Thanks Ann but that says if its not registered which it was.

How can Vodafone make you pay a piece of equipment to get phone signal to provide a service that you are already paying for and then make that hardware only valid for a short period!!!

If I pay for any other harware I don't expect it to just expire!!

You should be able to re-active it or at least get a new one. All it is a number on a system.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I would suggest talking to Customer service via Live chat from a computer or call 191. 

They are the only ones with account access who may be able to assist you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've been told that the box is de-activated for good!!!!

How insane is that!!

Paying for hardware that gets deactivated and then making you pay for it again when all it is updating a database!!

If you are with EE the phone will automatically let you make calls on wifi when there is no phone signal instead of making you pay to improve their network coverage!!

Come on Vodafone! Ive been with you for over 10 years now and this is giving me the mind to move to some else.

BandOfBrothers
Vodafone are hopefully to release Calling Over WiFi soon.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Is it Live Chat or Telephone support that have advised you of the status of the Sure Signal. How old is it ?

Current Phone  >

That is very interesting. Vodafone are playing catchup a bit though.

It does say will be launched in Summer 2015 which is now almost over and there are no more details.

Can anyone from Vodafone give any more details as to when there will be more news on this?

In the mean time I'm stuck with no siganl!!

BandOfBrothers

It's been asked about recently but no new information is available. 

Current Phone  >