main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal Died, and now it's been discontinued.

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Our Sure Signal just died on Sunday.  Oddly enough, our neighbour also has a Sure Signal, and theirs also died on Sunday!  What are the odds of that?

And now I find out VF have discontinued the Sure Signal, one month to the day before mine died.

I smell a rat.

I'm told we should be using WiFi calling now. This philosphy is ridiculous.  The fact that WiFi calling doesn't support SMS, and that many websites require 2FA, including this very site, shows how little Vodafone thinks about strategy, and how much they care for their customers.

Now, I pay roughly £140pm to Vodafone for 3 devices. Fortunately, starting this month, all 3 of those contracts exire by August, so I'll be very happy to move away from VF altogether, a decision made much easier by the discontinuation of the Sure Signal.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Reverend2008 

From what I believe from 1 July 19 the terms and conditions for Sure Signal changed. 

For any customer buying a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has moved from two years to one year.

Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30 April 2020 but Vodafone will replace a SS that is still under warranty.

So the question is the your Sure Signal still under warranty  ?

If not then there are other options such as buying a second hand SS but you need to make sure the original owner has properly de registered. 

And as a Sure signal may have a temporary bar placed on it if not used in 3 months the owner would need to have that removed.

A SS that's not been used in 12+ months is permanently removed and won't work again.

Yes you are correct Vodafone are moving away from the old tech to Calling Over Wi-Fi.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

But new technology isn't ready!  Or, at least, Vodafone isn't ready...  SMS?

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Totally understand and agree that sms texts need to be included in Vodafone's Calling Over Wi-Fi but I have no answer as to why the Network does not as of yet.

Sorry @Reverend2008

:Sad_face:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @BandofBrothers for your input.  Sadly, and a little reluctantly, this means I have to leave Vodafone.  There's simply no way to avoid it - there's no workaround to texts, I need them to work and WhatsApp isn't a substitute.

I can't even log in to my Vodafone account without being able to receive texts!  To be honest, the Sure Signal was the only thing keeping me at VF anyway.  But now that other providers offer Wifi Calling and WiFi SMS (EE for one), their offering is now better.

View more options