main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal EXPLODED

Highlighted
4: Newbie

My Vodafone sure signal has exploded. Huge bang. Followed by huge orange flash. All the electric blew in the house. Frighten the life out of us. Especially as we was just going to bed. This could of ended in a horrific fire. 

Have been told to take it into a  local store. I just hope I don’t have to pay for a new one as we don’t have any signal at home 

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok.

If you haven't already please unplug it.  

Are you using a SS v3 @Donnat ?

Some units have been known to fail which Vodafone are well aware of. 

Even tho the sure signal comes with a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty they still will replace a v3 which has had these issues free of charge. 

More info in Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead.

If needed point the staff to this thread I've pasted in above and they'll respond. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you I will take this into the shop 

View more options
Highlighted

@Donnat Have you since visited the store with your Sure Signal? Please let us know if you need any further assistance - we'll be happy to help should you need us.

View more options
Highlighted

No I’ve not visited my store yet. Working everyday gives me little time to get into the store. Would be easier if I was sent a new one 

View more options
Highlighted

We'll be able to send a new Sure Signal if it's inconvenient to visit your local store @Donnat. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you I have replied to your message 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us @Donnat. I've been unable to locate an email from the email address registered to your profile. 

Have you received an automated email response from us with a reference number in the subject line (this will look similar to #12345678 and can be found in the subject line)? Please ensure this hasn't been sent to any spam or junk folders. If you've received this, please confirm this back to us and we can check on the progress of this for you.

If you've not received this, please try the below steps when submitting your details to us:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

View more options
Highlighted

I have not recieved an email at all 

View more options
Highlighted

I have sent another email. But have not had an automated one back 

View more options
Highlighted

@Donnat I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems getting your email to us. 

If you're waiting on a reply, please let us know the date and time of the email you sent - we'll do our best to track this down and ensure someone is looking into it for you 😊

View more options
Highlighted

I have sent several email. Last one at 20/04/2018 at 10.30 pm (ish)

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I had the EXACT same with mine this evening. It burst into flames luckily I was able to extinguish it without any further damage. It's disgusting how Vodafone are aware of this problem yet still fail to inform/recall the particular model. It's lucky I was in the living room when it happened and there was nothing else in the immediate area! 20180507_193308.jpg

View more options
Highlighted

So we can help with this @clicks, please get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Form submitted, I find it interesting how common this problem actually is, a simple Google search will give you an indication.

View more options
Highlighted

It’s so scary to see these. I don’t understand why they are not on a product recall. Glad your ok. One day someone won’t be as lucky 

View more options