cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

NicHeath
4: Newbie

HI

My sure signal 2 has suddenly turned off and I have no lights at all.

Before that everything was working fine.

I have tried another power supply and i get the same result, apart from a very quick flash of lights of the ethernet ports, but then nothing else.

I have left it plugged in for hours, I have pressed the reset for over 30 secs, but no result.

Is this a dead unit? Or is there something I am missing I can try

serial no.  40120930157

Thanks

55 REPLIES 55

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TedWalker,

The Sure Signal hasn’t made any connection to the network, since you’ve registered it (back in August).

Please test this with a different internet connection.

If it’s still the same, please see the repair process we gave previously.

Thanks,

Gemma

This is a new replacement version, freshly out of the box. I registered this one on Friday. I need to know how to connect it with my Internet connection. You are just sending em round in circles.

The repair process doesn't work - I do not have a contract - as there is no signal here. Customer service is not designed to support people without a contract, and you have made it impossible to contact the shops.

The replacement process worked in one shop but not another - you have closed all the local shops - although it took nearly 3 weeks to be replaced.

I am sure the unit is not faulty. The Internet connection works - it is working now. The unit is connected to the hub.

I think there is some configuration to do to make it worth BT Infinity. Why won't you find me someone who can help? BT is surely not an unusual Internet Provider? 

What other Internet connection could I use, as the unit is registered here? 

Vodafone customer service is absolutely appalling in my experience.

There is another thread suggesting that there has been a network problem all weekend and lots of people are having this problem. Is this true?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TedWalker,

I'm sorry if you're affected. This is only being experienced by customers on the same ISP as you.

We'll post updates here as soon as we learn more.

Thanks,

Ben

I have the same issue. Is my sure signal still in warranty?

Serial no: 42144619832

Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chotalia

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Chotalia,

IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THIS DEVICE FROM THE SOCKET:

- IT IS DANGEROUS

- NO ATTEMPT TO REPAIR SHOULD BE CARRIED OUT!

Your SureSignal has failed, please read the following link:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Bu...

It is an issue that Vodafone have been aware of for over three years and more so in the last 9 months since I got Trading Standards involved who are currently seeking to prove a design fault to force a full recall of all older versions.

PLEASE: Report your failed unit to Trading Standards at the address below and also inform them that a Vodafone Tech Team Member has advised you to perform tests when it has clearly failed.

You are entitled to a FREE replacement, regardless of warranty status without any suggestion of:

• Payment of any kind
  • Contract upgrade
  • Or that your device is out of warranty

Please see Page1 of the link I put earlier as to Vodafone CEO's agreement with Trading Standards in regards to both in and out of warranty replacement.

Any problems, go to the end of my posting and let us know there as my thread is actively monitored by 'knowledgeable' Tech Team Member's.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

HELP, please.

I drove specially over to the shop - see posting above - (the local ones have closed) and then found out that they have none in stock, and, after a week of waiting, still haven't. They can't post it on, as only customer services do that, so my mother is waiting for a phone call with a new one (she has the faulty one). 

I can't go through customer services as I have no account (it is a work phone). 

The shop have suggested the best thing to do now is try to connect with an adviser online who can try to source one for me. I live in Rutland, travel fairly regularly to the west midlands and the faulty Sure Signal box is now near the Leamington shop waiting in the hope of a delivery.

Can you please help me get my box replaced. An ideal solution would be to drop the faulty one off in Leamington and get a replacement posted to me.

metalslug14
4: Newbie
Hi Jenny

Thanks for your reply but it seems like I am not being clear enough. I called the customer service and they weren't very helpful - talking to someone abroad. That's the reason I am getting in touch on here on the forums to get help.

I read elsewhere on the forums that Sure Signal should be covered for 2 years since receipt and I received my Sure Signal beginning of last year. Hence can someone please help and arrange a repair or replacement. It has already been almost sea week since my Sure Signal just randomly decided to stop working.

Kind regards

Javed

Hi metalslug14,

We’d be happy to help you with this.

Please see details on how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Sarah