Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

4: Newbie

HI

My sure signal 2 has suddenly turned off and I have no lights at all.

Before that everything was working fine.

I have tried another power supply and i get the same result, apart from a very quick flash of lights of the ethernet ports, but then nothing else.

I have left it plugged in for hours, I have pressed the reset for over 30 secs, but no result.

Is this a dead unit? Or is there something I am missing I can try

serial no.  40120930157

Thanks

View more options
55 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nic,

It seems as though there's a fault.

If you've had the Sure Signal for less than two years, you can arrange a repair following the instructons here.

If you've had it for longer than 2 years, you'll need to purchase a new one.

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options

I spoke to Vodafone and was told to go to a shop and get a replacement, but on arrival I was told its another £100 for a unit, and that they didn't have stock anyway.

Personally I think its an absolutely cheek by Vodafone to ask their customers to pay more money for extra devices because their signal is weak, I got my first sure signal free as this was the case, and I was going to switch providers. I live in a town not an isolated part of the country!

If vodafone cannot provide a decent signal then its up to them to spend money and sort out their signal not the customer.

I have shares in vodafone as they are great for shareholders and very poor for customers, and I am not surprised to see Vodafone voted worst network in the UK in a recent independent study.

Utterly useless!

View more options

Hi Nic,

I'm sorry you feel this way.

If the Sure Signal is out of warranty we're unable to repair it. I'd recommend trying a different store for stock.

Thanks,

Sukhi

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have the same problem, no power lights on my SS v2, but I have found that it is the power supply that has failed (it works OK with a different power supply). I am fairly sure that the unit is out of warranty, but is it possible to buy a new power supply? Serial number is 40113167403

Many thanks,

Peter

View more options

Hi Peter,

That serial number's showing as in warranty.

Take a look here for how to arrange a repair. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Jenny

View more options

Hi Jenny,

That's great news! The Sure Signal does still seem to be working OK with another power supply, but should I send both the SS signal and faulty power supply back for repair, just in case? Are they likely to repair it or just replace it wih a new one?

Many thanks for your help,

Peter

View more options

Hello again Jenny,

I just found the original box and the despatch note is dated 27/10/2011, so that makes it over 2 years old! Please could you confirm that this is still in warranty, before I take it to my local VF shop!

Thanks again, Peter

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nathusius,

If the Sure Signal is over two years old, we won't be able to repair/replace it under warranty.

You'll need to purchase a new one here.

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options

Hi Matt,

OK, that is what I thought originally, but then Jenny replied to say that my serial number 40113167403 is still in warranty, so I was confused by that! Can you confirm which is the correct info?

Thanks again,

Peter

View more options
2: Seeker

I have a similar problem - A SS3 42141612293

I have been trying to get this to work with BT Home Hub 5 and hgave set up port forwarding for it as I found online. However, It won't do a factory reset as I can see it. The lights at the bottom (Modem / router) flash, but no lights, not even the red one on the unit will come at all under any circumstances now, however long I hold the reset button.

Is the unit faulty?

View more options

I wouldn't waste your time talking to vodafone about sure signal replacement or support, the information I was given was not only misleading but pointless.

Their signal coverage is poor, their support to enhance that poor signal is even worse.

I resolved my own issue by spending out on a replacement power supply from ebay. Just type "sure signal power supply" and many will appear. 

I will be moving away from vodafone as soon as my next contract ends very soon, so good luck to all that remain

View more options

Thanks. The one I have is a version 3 and I think the power supply is integral. Maybe there's an internal fuse - but it's fairly new so must be under warranty. I would have thought somebody from them should have responded.

I moved my own account away from Vodafone after 15 years because of poor coverage, but have been given a work phone for a new job where I am working from home - so I'm a bit stuck.

Not that our BT broadband is exactly reliable either ...

View more options

Hi everyone,

Peter – With your Sure Signal being over 12 months old, it’s now out of warranty.

@NicHeath – Please let us know if there’s anything we can help with.

@TedWalker – It looks like your Sure Signal is faulty.

If it’s less than 12 months old, please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

View more options

Thank you. I am netiher pay monthly nor pay as you go as the phone is part of a business contract, but I personally bought the Sure Signal. I presume I can take it into any Vodafone shop for repair / exchange?

View more options

Hello,

We've got a SureSignal 3 that was sent to us in March 2013 to replace a previously broken SureSignal 2.  The new one worked perfectly until a week ago, and now it has no lights at all on it, and appears to be totally "dead".  

I've tried all the resets and other remedies suggessted elsewhere in this forum but would welcome some advice as to how to return/fix this unit.  Without the SureSignal in our house we don't get any mobile reception.

Regards,

Rob

View more options
Administrator

TedWalker - If you've still got the receipt for the Sure Signal, you can take it to store for a repair to be arranged.  

nickyandrob - If all cables are plugged in correctly and there are no lights on, we'll need to send it away for repair.  

Many thanks, 

Phil

View more options

I've read everything I can find on version 2, no lights. It's out of warranty as it's over 2 years old. It stopped working 4 weeks ago. We've carried out the 20 second reboot and the 45 second reboot. We've deregistered and reregistered the unit and have chnaged the power supply.

I tried to buy a replacement version 3 only to find that after 10 days of updates from Vodafone that they decided to cancel my order. I've reordered and pleaded that they don't cancel the order a second time.

This is very frustrating. We have no signal in our office without Sure Signal. The Vodafone signal in Wellington is not very good and it's essential to have Sure Signal to ensure quality of service.

At what point do you say that you've had enough and then hand all of the phones back to Vodafone?

View more options

HELP, please.

I drove specially over to the shop - see posting above - (the local ones have closed) and then found out that they have none in stock, and, after a week of waiting, still haven't. They can't post it on, as only customer services do that, so my mother is waiting for a phone call with a new one (she has the faulty one). 

I can't go through customer services as I have no account (it is a work phone). 

The shop have suggested the best thing to do now is try to connect with an adviser online who can try to source one for me. I live in Rutland, travel fairly regularly to the west midlands and the faulty Sure Signal box is now near the Leamington shop waiting in the hope of a delivery.

Can you please help me get my box replaced. An ideal solution would be to drop the faulty one off in Leamington and get a replacement posted to me.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi andwye,

If you'd like us to check on the order, you can find out how to get in touch here.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Hi TedWalker,

The store can send the Sure Signal away for repair.

If it's over two years old, it would be more cost effective to buy another one.

This can be done online.

Thanks,

Ian

View more options