Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Only Power Light on Solid

stuartmeasures
2: Seeker

Hi,  Bought Sure Signal via Voda and registered and have been usoing for about 7 months./

For the past 2 days I have had no reception again and only the powerlight is illuminated.

Have checked forum and trouble shooting guide but to no avail.

Details:

BSR FEMTO Vodafone UK

Sagem Model

SN: 21223118924

F102/10

I presume you don't need the MAC address?

I have checked IP, DHCP and broadband connection.  Reset Modem (BT Home Hub) & Sure Signal.

No Luck at all

Please help

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have had the same problem since friday.  The suresignal wasn't connecting to the network and obtaining an IP address.  Try a hard reset (power off with reset button held down).  However I still had a problem and suspect that some techies have been playing.  A call to the support team shorted it out.  However I guess that you will have to add some (additional) firewall rules to your router.  They will do this remotely for you. Also need to fix the IP address.  Any questions please ask.

Adrian

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Ruthrfrd
1: Seeker

I too have had the same problem. Suresignal was working until two days ago (when I last used it) but now it will not register onto the internet web site for Vodaphone. My guess is that it is a Vodaphone problem not yours or mine..

Rebooting and powering down doesn't help and it doesn't appear to be trying to connect at all.

No help I know but you are not alone

Steve R

I have had the same problem since friday.  The suresignal wasn't connecting to the network and obtaining an IP address.  Try a hard reset (power off with reset button held down).  However I still had a problem and suspect that some techies have been playing.  A call to the support team shorted it out.  However I guess that you will have to add some (additional) firewall rules to your router.  They will do this remotely for you. Also need to fix the IP address.  Any questions please ask.

Adrian

Yep, I got the same. Mines went down around 6pm Sunday. Spent most of today on phone to Vodafone who've been as much use a a choclate fireguard. Told me my Uplaod Band With wasn't big enough. It has worked on this line for 9 months without any trouble.

You will need to do what I have done to get it working.  Bandwidth requires is 1M up, 300K down and that's when it running.  Do you have any firewall rules for your SS?

Adrian

stuartmeasures

Hi All,

Thanks for the Info.  Did a Master Reset as advised then left it alone as it seemed not to work.  Then.....

Power light and @ light on constant.  Then....  Yeh Back to Normal.

Many Thanks All

Stu:manhappy:

Hi Stuartmeasures.

Really glad this is now fixed,

Please let me know if we can help with anything else.

Hi Guys
 If your power light is still on solid, this could be that there is a Firmware update, it may be worth performing a master reset.

This also can happen if the Sure Signal cannot find a DHCP internet connection.  This would indicate a problem with the router or that the ports aren’t being opened correctly, it is well worth having a read of our troubleshooting thread.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Ive had only the power light on solid for a week now, done the reset and still just the power light!!

Can you guys help me here!!

Im with Orange for my ISP and its been working fine for ages now!!

Hi Antausten,

I’m afraid that I currently don’t have any Sure Signal support in at this time of night however, please don’t worry as I will pass your query onto our day team who will be able to look into this further for you.

James

eForum Team

hi antausten

Thanks for your post  letting us know your having an issue.

I've emailed you so we can obtain some extra details on this issue. If you could reply back with these details and we can investigate further.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team