Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Only Power Light on Solid

stuartmeasures
2: Seeker

Hi,  Bought Sure Signal via Voda and registered and have been usoing for about 7 months./

For the past 2 days I have had no reception again and only the powerlight is illuminated.

Have checked forum and trouble shooting guide but to no avail.

Details:

BSR FEMTO Vodafone UK

Sagem Model

SN: 21223118924

F102/10

I presume you don't need the MAC address?

I have checked IP, DHCP and broadband connection.  Reset Modem (BT Home Hub) & Sure Signal.

No Luck at all

Please help

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have had the same problem since friday.  The suresignal wasn't connecting to the network and obtaining an IP address.  Try a hard reset (power off with reset button held down).  However I still had a problem and suspect that some techies have been playing.  A call to the support team shorted it out.  However I guess that you will have to add some (additional) firewall rules to your router.  They will do this remotely for you. Also need to fix the IP address.  Any questions please ask.

Adrian

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

philb1494

I recently received a sure signal device which was impossible to configure, despite several attempts and numerous calls to Vodafone.  Eventually, after confirming that that the device was connected and activated correctly it was decided that the sure signal should be replaced. Basically, it displayed a solid power-on light after approx 10 mins and failed to configure.  It also caused my router to constantly reset itself, thereby interupting my exisiting connection.

I am now in receipt of the second sure signal device and experiencing exactly the same problem.  I can only assume that there is some kind of IP address conflict as I previously disabled firewalls etc with no luck.

My ISP is TalkTalk and the router is a Huawei EchoLife 520b.

The new Sure Signal Serial No: 40112439860  MAC@ 5067F072835A. 

Please help,

Phil.

@stuartmeasures wrote:

Hi,  Bought Sure Signal via Voda and registered and have been usoing for about 7 months./

For the past 2 days I have had no reception again and only the powerlight is illuminated.

Have checked forum and trouble shooting guide but to no avail.

Details:

BSR FEMTO Vodafone UK

Sagem Model

SN: 21223118924

F102/10

I presume you don't need the MAC address?

I have checked IP, DHCP and broadband connection.  Reset Modem (BT Home Hub) & Sure Signal.

No Luck at all

Please help

Stuart

Hi there philb1494,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the eForum.

We have a dedicated Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread that seems to mirror what you are explaining here.

I've checked the registered unit (thanks for the serial number) and can see it's showing as 'active'. The mistake a lot of people make is they start to alter the settings far too soon. 10 minutes, which you state is how long you waited, is certainly not enough before you start altering any settings.

Configuration can take anything up to 24 hours to complete. I'd recommend a factory reset and then allowing the unit to configure for the said time before you make any further changes.

Would you be so kind as to let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi

I've had my VSS running fine for many months now.  No apparent problems.  However, yesterday my wife transferred to Vodafone as well to make use of the VSS but when I went to register her number in my Sure Signal account my Sure Signal wasn't even listed!  (but still apparently working - my phone had a signal)

I had to go through the registration process again and it's showing as 'active' in my account, but I'm now having problems:

1. My phone has no signal.

2. VSS has solid power LED but both System and Phones lights are flashing.

3. It was left overnight in this condition and was exactly the same in the morning.

4. I have factory reset (as advised in other threads) which only results in the same lights as above. 

5. There have been absolutley no other configuration changes.

Something isn't right :Sad_face:

Why was my Sure Signal seemingly dropped from my account and is this causing the problem?

Please advise on how to get it working again as the other half is desperate to use her phone (and I wouldn't mind mine back either!)....

PS. Have not registered my wife's number until this is fixed. 

Addition to above:

I have just run a Tracert if that helps?

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  api.home [192.168.1.254]
  2     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  esr3.birmingham5.broadband.bt.net [217.32.86.142]
  3     7 ms     8 ms     7 ms  217.32.86.13
  4     9 ms     7 ms     9 ms  213.1.69.178
  5     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  217.32.26.78
  6     8 ms     8 ms     8 ms  217.32.26.178
  7     8 ms     8 ms     8 ms  acc1-10GigE-0-7-0-5.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.248.78]
  8    23 ms    23 ms    23 ms  core2-te-0-13-0-4.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.248.10]
  9    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  109.159.254.134
 10    17 ms    20 ms    15 ms  LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 11    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  85.205.116.6
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Another 24hrs on and still not working.  Same errors.

Can no-one help?

Support for Sure Siganl is truly awful...

admiralg
Unit is a Sagem BSR Femto VSS serial 21196764472 F189/09