main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal Stopped Working

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My Sure signal stopped working sometime last week, Voda says it is my ISP, my ISP are saying not them, I purchased a new SS that worked fine at home but, it doesn't work at my office.

What light sequence you're seeing:

Just the two amber lights for phone no internet light 
Your speed test results from here.

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 28 ms
Server: London

Your Internet speed is typical

Your external IP address from here. 92.207.197.197

Your Sure Signal serial number:42192437400 

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 2 ms 7 ms borris.wakefield-security.com [10.0.0.1]
2 4 ms 10 ms 2 ms Vigor.router [192.168.1.1]
3 28 ms 29 ms 29 ms 164.39.255.82
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 31 ms 28 ms 47 ms xe-2-1-0.mpr1.lhr15.uk.above.net [94.31.52.61]
6 31 ms 29 ms 28 ms ae13.mpr3.lhr3.uk.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.54]
7 40 ms 38 ms 38 ms ae6.mpr2.lhr3.uk.zip.zayo.com [64.125.21.22]
8 28 ms 28 ms 30 ms ae7-xcr2.lsw.cw.net [195.2.2.117]
9 37 ms 36 ms 34 ms ae8-xcr1.lsh.cw.net [195.2.25.61]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

View more options
8 REPLIES 8

@PeterJames With the light sequence and speeds you've provided, it sounds like your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will need to look into two things:

- With a Static IP address, please let them know you're trying to set up a VPN tunnel and the IPsec is being blocked on an internal firewalled server within their network. If you have a dynamic address, advise you're setting up a VPN tunnel and the IPsec packet is being fragmented in transit.

- As the Sure Signal needs 1mbps to provide a service, your ISP will be able to chat with you on any ways that your speeds can be improved

I've taken a look into your Sure Signal and I'm unable to see anything that would be stopping this from working on our end.

View more options

Thanks Natasha

I have managed to get the SS working using next doors internet connection, my problem now is that everyone else has a great signal apart from me the lead handset. I have tried deregistering and re-registering and it makes no odds. I would be grateful if you could tell me how to get over that one, much as I have enjoyed the peace and quiet of my engineers and customer not being able to contact me I am losing business over it. I will speak with my isp again, I know its not my server as I have tried the SS directly into the router with the same results, although the router is DMZ to the server and the server does the port forwarding required  

View more options

Fixed my phone was set to 2g 

View more options

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @PeterJames 😊

Glad to see it was an easy fix to get you connected! If you need any more help in the future, please let us know.

View more options

We are still having problems with our sure signal. When the sure signal was on our own network it was problem-free for two years or so, its stopped working no connection to the internet via the lan for some unknown reason that my ISP cannot explain. So I purchased a new one this did not help either. The new one worked at home so I tried it here on next doors internet. Which seemed to cure the problem for everyone else apart from my phone the lead phone which I later discovered was set to 2g. Although this curede the problem connection seems very intermittent in the respect that some days it works for everyone in the office and other days it only works for a couple of people. Today no matter what I do my phone the lead phone does not connect, neither does my sales managers phone we are both using Note 8, other employees have iPhones and driod phones all connect fine.  I understand that the fault is possibly not through anything Voda has done, and overall I am very happy with Voda the staff always try their best, but I do not understand why support on this product is so poor. When you call Voda they follow a script that is very basic stuff that you have already done, and it takes a day for a response via the forum, which is not that ideal either.

View more options

Update, Tried my SIM in a working phone and vica versa and my sim works fine and my phone still doesnt, so the problem must be my phone. My sales manager has the same phone as me (Note 8) and that too doesnt work. My old SS doesnt connect to the internet regardless so I cant go back to that (it used to work with my Note at before this nightmare started) Phone is not on 2g this time either

View more options

Hey @PeterJames., thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone connected correctly. If you pop into your local Vodafone store, they'll be happy to run a few checks and help diagnose any possible issues. 

View more options

Hi Natasha 

The reason I never came back to you was that the SS started working again (Still using next doors internet)  But it seems to be very intermittent.  Some of the people who work next door are on Voda and the SS seems to work fine for them so we know the SS works. But we have three phones here in our office and today none of them are connecting to the SS. I have been next door reset bot SS (yes I have two next door my phone only seems to work on one of them, even though I am the lead phone on both). So even when I am standing next to the SS I have no signal on the lead handset, but my neighbor has, even if I restart my phone no signal, my phone is set to 3g 2g, yesterday it worked fine and I have made no changes on my phone. The correct lights are on the SS. I could pop into the store I am not local to any they are all in town and they are all a ball ache to get to, and I am not sure what if anything they can do. The fact is my SS worked fine for 18 months we changed nothing, my ISP may have done but the SS works on next doors internet I havent changed phones, but some days my phones work some day they dont. 

View more options