Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 not working

martin_lincoln
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a version 1 Sure Signal that has stopped working after I changed Vodafone contracts. I have had it re registered against my new mobile number but still not working. 

When it is plugged into the power and plugged into the BT router we get no lights at all on the front, only the flashing lights on the back from the Ethernet socket. 

I have read that there are software updates for these boxes, would this cure this?

or is my box dead?

The box serial number is 21230040921. 

Any help gratefully recived. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @martin_lincoln

Please could you look through the Sure Signal Trouble Shooting thread :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as the information may help to resolve issues.

There is an 'Issue Not Listed' option which guides you through how to run a TraceRoute to paste back in your thread for Vodafone Tech to look over. 

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues.

Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault.

Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

A Sure Signal comes with a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.