main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal V2 - Port Forwarding details for Thomson (o2) router

2: Seeker

Hello,

I have a Thomson router, O2 setup, and have noticed that the port forwarding is not configured for the VSS device.

Display from router admin for VSS device  "Connection Sharing - There is no port forward assigned to this device."

The VSS device has UPnP enabled.

My VSS V2 light sequence is:

Power red light solid

two flashing white lights

I have checked portforward.com and cannot find the details required for the VSS.

My router needs the following details

Protocol -

Port Range from -

Port Range to -

Translate to -

trigger Protocol -

trigger port -

Would anyone be able to help? I have raised this with Vodafone support and after multiple refreshes, de-registers and hard resets, they have finally raised this with the technical team in the UK, but they only work during Monday to Fridays.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

@kwcmobile You can find more on how to enable port forwarding through our Sure Signal troubleshooting pages.

If you need further assistance setting this up with your router, we'd advise speaking with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

View more options
2: Seeker

OK, just contacted o2 and they said they no longer support port forwarding, but that was a policy that has been in place for a couple of years and my VSS was working beginning of the year (i disconnected for several months as I was decorating the room it resided in).

So am thinking there is a problem with the VSS itself. Before I go and splash out £69 on a new VSS v3, can you confirm if it will be compatible with Virginmedia Hub 3.0 or o2 business broadband?

Thanks

View more options

@kwcmobile - Providing your home broadband has a minimum upload and download speed of 1Mbpsc, then it should be compatible. Please let us know if you need any further help.

View more options