Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 - Flashing Power and Two Static Orange Lights

mwphilip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone SureSignal Serial Number 40141021085

We have BT Infinity Fibre Broadband and the Sure Signal does not connect with a flashing power light and two orange solid lights.

The following is the traceroute log:
tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.66.254
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.254
  3    47 ms    26 ms    40 ms  host81-134-80-1.in-addr.btopenworld.com [81.134.
80.1]
  4    27 ms    26 ms    27 ms  213.120.182.141
  5    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  213.120.161.82
  6    43 ms    43 ms    42 ms  31.55.164.189
  7    27 ms    26 ms    28 ms  31.55.164.107
  8    35 ms    35 ms    29 ms  109.159.248.71
  9    47 ms    32 ms    32 ms  109.159.248.182
 10    50 ms    32 ms    33 ms  peer1-xe10-0-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
254.122]
 11    51 ms    35 ms    35 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 12    48 ms    48 ms    48 ms  85.205.0.93
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I should like to add that this service has a static ip address associated with it:

Static IP address: 81.133.215.207

A static internal ip address of 192.168.1.4 is assigned to the Sure Signal and is associated to the DMZ, therefore no ports are being blocked.

Please provide support as soon as possible.

8 REPLIES 8

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mwphilip,

I can see this Sure Signal’s been registered since June – has it worked previously?

Please let us know which 2 orange lights are solid, as this will help us diagnose the problem.

I recommend you follow the steps below to make sure this is fully set up:

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

BT Infinity Customers.

If you’re a BT Infinity customer, you’ll need to log into your router admin page and select port clamping.

Once this has been selected please restart your router and Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hello Jenny,

Thankyou for your email and I can confirm the following:

The power light continually flashes and the "in use" and "in service" lights are solid Orange.

The sure signal has a static ip address and has been allocated against the DMZ port, therefore there are no port restrictions in place.

I appreciate your help as this sure signal has worked previously and this as you can imagine extremely frustrating as the vodafone signal around my house is unfortuntly very poor and without the sure signal is impossible to make/receive mobile phone calls.

I look forward to your reply and resolving this problem.

Regards,

Mark

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mwphilip 

The light sequence indicates that authentication has failed during the setup process.

Please restart the Sure Signal as this will trigger the authentication process again.

Please can you confirm the ports described in Jenny's post are enabled.

DaveCD

Well,

I too am at my wits end.....

I have used a SureSignal on BT Infinity (Homehub3 VersionA) for a couple of years.. last week it stopped working.

I have NO Vodafone signal at home and the only reason all our mobile phones are Vodafone is so we can use the SureSignal.

So far...

Seven hours waiting for an agent to appear on the Vodafone Chat support then

Two session with the tech support giving me settings that I can't understand and which don't match my router menu.

Yesterday I bought a Vodafone Suresignal3....  and that deosn't work either.

BT haven't got a clue how to help except to sign me up to an £8 per month Tech support service

My options... fix the sure signal (preferable)

Move from BT but where?? Which fibre network / router works with Suresignal? Is Sky better?

Cancel all my our Vodaphone contracts anmd move to another supplier?

As for the Vodafone website.. awful. I registered for the forum and it lets you "ask a question"... you then see posts already listed but no sign as to how you start a new post, hence I posted this reply instead of a new thread.

In summary, I donlt think Vodafone knows or cares how to fix it and BT are not much better..

If anyone can help I would be so grateful, or if not a fix then advice about where to go if I dump BT (and Vodafone?) 

I have thirteen days to return the Suresignal3  and can easily terminate my Vodafone and BT Infinity contracts if that is the best answer.

Many thanks

Gerry

I am sure Jennys post re setttings was meant to be helpful.....

I HAVE A BT HOMEHUB3 VERSION A, SO IN THE HOPE THAT A QUALIFIED VODAFONE TECH PERSON READS THIS, HERE IS THE ONLINE ADVICE THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW:

BTW, I ALSO SEE THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 51,000 VIEWS OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING FORUM POST..SO I'M IN GOOD COMPANY..

OK HERE WE GO...

Check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router.

The Sure Signal must be assigned an internal IP address by your router. If your router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), this must be enabled as doing so will enable the router to assign an IP address to your Sure Signal automatically.

For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

1) HOW DO I DO THIS... THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE?

******************************************************************************************************************************************

If your router or network configuration doesn’t allow DHCP, you’ll need to assign a static IP address to your Sure Signal's MAC Address by using your router's configuration panel. Please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

2) HOW DO I DO THIS... THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE?

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

3) UNIVERSAL PnP IS ENABLED BUT IT'S NOT WORKING?

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

4) HOW DO I FORWARD THESE IP ADDRESSES AND PORT NUMBERS TO MY SURESIGNALS INTERNAL IP ADRESS?  AGAIN, THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS?

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

5)  I CANT SEE ANYWHERE TO ENTER IP ADDRESSES... I HAVE FOUND THE PORT SETUP BUT IT ISN'T CLEAR WHAT YOU ARE CHANGING?  SEEMS TO BE A SETUP PAGE FOR PORTS AND NOT IP ADDRESSES) TO ENABLE CERTAIN NAMED GAMES?

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

6) HOW DO I DO THIS... THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE? 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

BT Infinity Customers.

If you’re a BT Infinity customer, you’ll need to log into your router admin page and select port clamping.

Once this has been selected please restart your router and Sure Signal.

7) HOORAY, I FOUND THIS.. BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK !

Check your MTU settings.

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

😎 NO SIGN OF WHERE I CAN CHANGE THE MTU

Hi @novodasignal 

Have you spoken with your ISP (internet service provider) in regards to your port forwarding, as we can’t provide router support.

So we’re able to help further, please provide the Sure Signal serial number.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Many thanks for your post. sadly BT won't give me router support either.

It's a bit like like Ford refusing to tell you whether you need to put petrol or diesel into your car as they don't make fuel.... and Esso also refusing to tell you as they don'lt make cars..

All well and good unless you are one of the thousands of customers need ing help and not getting it.

Please forward this to your Technical Support Director... Tell him / her to six of your non technical staff Suresignals and ask them to  take them home and use them... I thionk it would be enlighteneing.

Also for amusement, show them your Suresignal set up video....

There have been 51,000 views on your Suresignal troubleshooting thread....

You have a major problem with your product offering and tech support.

My situation is as follows...

I am totally reliant on the Suresignal for mobile signal at home.

I have been unable to go out for the past fortnight, so you can undestand my frustration at my Sure signal box ceasing to work, meaning I cannot make or receive calls.

In the hope of solving the proble, I bought  a new Suresignal3 but that also didn't work.

I've now ordered a new router from BT, the Homehub5 which arrives on Wednesday and which I hope may work?

As it it the current model (and there are over a million installed), I hope Vodafone may have expertise in making this model of router work with Suresignal? In any case, I wqill be trtying to configure in on Wednesday.

So far I've spent £200 and two days online / on the phone, also costing you a fortune and all the time getting nowhere.

I now have two SureSignal boxes registered (but not functioning) at my home address and I'm being plagued by messsages asking me to update the postcosde as you think my original box has moved (it hasn't).

The instructions you provide (to enter the same postcode) doesn't work as it seems a new location must be entered before it will be accepted?

On Wednesday, if the Homehub5 / SS3 do not work straight away I will reply online with details and hope then to find some technical help/support.

Please let me know if you want any more information now.

Many thanks

Just to update..

My new BT Homehub 5 arrived yesterday... (the latest model that's being shipped in the tens of thousands)

I connected it to my new Suresignal V3 (bought from Vodafone for £100) and....

....It doesn't work !!!

No information anywhere as to how to set it up.

Surely there is a Vodafone tech person who has a HomeHub5?

If so, CONTACT ME

Anyone... how do I make it work... I remain at my wits end.. no mobile phone at home for nearly two weeks.

Is there someone I can pay to set it up / make it work?