main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal V3 - Flashing Red Light, two solid Orange lights

4: Newbie

My SS V3 is not working - again.  This time, from left to right, it’s a flashing red light, no light, steady amber, steady amber.

I’ve reset my broadband router, reset my Wi-fi extenders. Have checked that I my broadband is sending and receiving - it is (or I wouldn’t have been able to post this) and I’ve turned the SS off and allowed it to cool down.  I’m out of ideas, any suggestions from Vodafone?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

@El_Gordo It's disappointing to hear you're having problems with your Sure Signal again and know how frustrating this must be, so apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

From the light sequence you've described we'd advise you to contact your IPS (Internet Service Provider).

- If you have a static IP address, you should contact your ISP and advise that you're trying to set up a VPN tunnel and that the IPsec is being blocked on an internal firewalled server within their network.
- If you have a dynamic IP address, contact them and advise that you're trying to setup a VPN tunnel and that the IPsec packet is being fragmented in transit.

I know this sounds technical but they'll know what you're talking about 🙂

Let us know if this helps and don't hesitate to pop back if you're still having any problems.

View more options
4: Newbie

TJ

Thanks for the suggestion but I’m afraid that’s far too complex a route! Is it too difficult to ask that when Vodafone fail to provide a mobile phone signal capable of reaching my house, they do provide a gadget that works, straight from the box, without having to worry about dynamic or static IP addresses and virtual tunnels? I simply don’t have the time. As it happens, a call to India fixed the issue, but to be honest I’m getting fed up with the constant faff I have with Vodafone and it’s poor network - so much for the network satisfaction guarantee!!

View more options
Administrator

@El_Gordo Our Sure Signal relies on an internet connection in order to work correctly. Sometimes there can be an issue on our end and other times there can be an issue with the internet connection. 

From the light sequence you provided, this would show that you'd need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for support. 

However, I am glad to see it's now been resolved for you. If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know. 

View more options