main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal V3 - Two solid Orange lights

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I am having an issue with my replacement Sure Signal (v3). The old V3 lasted for about 4 years then packed up last week. 

The replacement device has now been registered with Vodafone and shows as being active on My Vodafone account. However, I cant add any users as it continuously shows an error code. So, obviously the set-up is still not right. When plugged in the device switches on and goes through the motions, however, every time it ends up with the following lights:

original.jpg

I've also reset the unit several times but with no luck, just the same two orange lights,. I have also left it unplugged for several hours and tried again but with no luck. 

I have followed the troubleshooting steps on this forum and also contacted Vodafone directly about this and have been sent  a list of complicated steps that are beyond my capability and the tech person has told me to contact my Internet Service Provider (BT) and tell them to change my settings. However, I never had this problem with my last SS V3, so I am not convinced that this is the problem. 

SS V3 serial No. 43163707490

Please can anyone offer me any advice or help with troubleshooting?  I've read that there's also a vodafone whitelist of some kind? I have also read that the replacement SS V3 may not be detecting my location?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Left SSV3 turned on for a couple of hours this morning. It had a flash red light and two orange solid lights when I turned it on. Strangely, after 2 hours, came down stairs and it is now working with all white lights?

Although I did make some changes to my router in the BT Infinity Smart Hub Manager, such as turned off smart set-up and altered firewall setting temporarily, I don't think this was the problem. I think Vodafone themselves have done a re-synch in their system.  When I first had a new out of the box SSV3 several years ago it was easy and I just plugged it in and hey presto it started working immediately. However, it seems that when you purchase a used SSV3, firstly it  has to be deregistered by the former owner properly and not just suspended and then it has to be reset/re-synched at the Vodafone system end and not just reset by pushing and holding in the little reset button on the device itself.

So, I think really, if you buy a secondhand SSV3 it is not quite so simple as purchasing it and plugging it in ready to go, the unit has to be reset  back to its original out of the box default setting again in the Vodafone system and this has to be done by a tech savvy advisor who needs to be made aware that it is a secondhand device, otherwise they will give you loads of unnecessary complicated steps to take to resolve the issue. If the unit hasn't been fully reset then you are in for a very frustrating time! ............Fingers crossed my unit stays working for a few years.

Maybe I can get my old unit replaced as a back up. It did just stop working, no lights, no burning scorch marks, just gave up the ghost.......Anybody?

View solution in original position

View more options
7 REPLIES 7

Following my Sure Signal V3 having decided to give up its life last week, I purchased a replacement SS V3 which has now been registered in My Vodafone account (following a great deal of two and fro'ing with Vodafone live chat and direct line). In My Vodafone it says that the SS V3 is registered and is now active. However, I cant add any user numbers as it always says there is an error. So, obviously the set-up is incorrect.

Also, when it is plugged in it goes through teh normal booting up process but then stops with a red light flashing and two solid orange lights and freezes on these. I have tried resetting several times and followed all of the trouble shooting suggestions, but again with no luck. 

I have contacted Vodafone tech support about this and they have informed me to it is probably my Internet Service Provider settings (BT) and have sent me a list of complicated steps to get my ISP to change on my account. However, I am not convincede that this is the problem, as my last SS V3 worked fine without having to contact BT and discuss issue with them.

Having trawled the Vodafone Community forum I have read of similar problems which have been resolved in one of two ways. Either the SS V3's location needs updating in teh Vodafone system, or the SS V3 is on a white list, whatever that is?

Please can somebody help me with this problame as nobody I have spoken to yet seems to by techno savvy enough to resolve the issue, which is very probably very simple to resolve.

SS V3 Serial No: 43163707490

I live an a rural area and having a mobile signal is crucial to me to help me with my son who has special needs. If I cant resolve this in the next two days or so I am going to have to stop using Vodafone as their coverage in rural Wales is very poor and may have to change to anotehr provider such as 3 and not need a booster at all.

View more options

So, nobody can help me ?

View more options

Left SSV3 turned on for a couple of hours this morning. It had a flash red light and two orange solid lights when I turned it on. Strangely, after 2 hours, came down stairs and it is now working with all white lights?

Although I did make some changes to my router in the BT Infinity Smart Hub Manager, such as turned off smart set-up and altered firewall setting temporarily, I don't think this was the problem. I think Vodafone themselves have done a re-synch in their system.  When I first had a new out of the box SSV3 several years ago it was easy and I just plugged it in and hey presto it started working immediately. However, it seems that when you purchase a used SSV3, firstly it  has to be deregistered by the former owner properly and not just suspended and then it has to be reset/re-synched at the Vodafone system end and not just reset by pushing and holding in the little reset button on the device itself.

So, I think really, if you buy a secondhand SSV3 it is not quite so simple as purchasing it and plugging it in ready to go, the unit has to be reset  back to its original out of the box default setting again in the Vodafone system and this has to be done by a tech savvy advisor who needs to be made aware that it is a secondhand device, otherwise they will give you loads of unnecessary complicated steps to take to resolve the issue. If the unit hasn't been fully reset then you are in for a very frustrating time! ............Fingers crossed my unit stays working for a few years.

Maybe I can get my old unit replaced as a back up. It did just stop working, no lights, no burning scorch marks, just gave up the ghost.......Anybody?

View solution in original position

View more options

if it is a spare, you have to take it apart and replace the internal fuse, sorry to say have not done this YET as I am now on my third replacement, as I have not opened one do not know if it is easy to do, as in soldered on board or a glass quick blow fuse, have been told this is what happens to the V3 unit, it SHOULD blow the internal fuse, which means no lights no work.

View more options

I'm glad to hear you're up and running again @rsj66. You're correct, if you buy a used Sure Signal it will need to be de-registered by the previous owner before it can be used again. The only other option after that time, is for us to get it de-registered our side.

In regards to your original Sure Signal, our warranty is one year; so you wouldn't eligible for a replacement as you mentioned you've had it for around four years. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options

I had the same problem after 3/4 hour chat online the chap reset my sure signal details at his end, still had red flashing light and two orange lights on it, BUT left it overnight and hey ho this morning now working fine.

GET them to reset your details at their end , mobile number , serial number from back of sure signal, this has to happen if you do not get a brand new replacement, as most are fixed other peoples units.

View more options

Just to let you know, having taken my spare SSV3 apart the other day using a start drive screwdriver, the fuse is soldered to the board and unfortunately not a glass easily replaceable fuse.

View more options