Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 not working with Virgine Media Hub 3.0

connan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I switched from Sky to Virgin Media as my ISP 1 year ago,  and I have the latest Virgin Media Hub 3.0. I have had a Sure Signal V3 working with both Sky hub and the Virgin hub no problems. 3 months ago, my SS V3 died after 3 years so I purchase another one in Feb 2017. It has been impossible for to get this SS to work. It didn't show up on the Virgin hub as one of the connected device over Ethernet cable. I had replace the SS with a new one and also replace the Virgin hub with a new one. But absolutely no luck. It just sits there with the red power light and the flashing white globe light. 

I have read many blogs on internet about similar problems and tried all the tricks posted, but no luck. And I have contacted Vodafone Customer Service at least a dozen times and all they could tell me is to take the problem to Virgin or take the SS and try at someone else house!! This is something that I refused to do as it's completely against all the privacy and security protection procedures that are now normal. 

Talking to Virgin Media Customer Service, then they don't even know what is a Sure Signal box!!

Bottom line is this thing is supposed to be Plug-and-Play but it turns to be nothing evenly remotely close to that. 

Appreciate all advices you folks can give. I am supposed to be in an area with 100% Vodafone 3G coverage but in reality I can use my mobile in only 1 room!! So i need this SS to work.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@connan

We recommend testing the Sure Signal at a different location. This will help us determine if the issue lies with the Sure Signal, ISP or even the router.

Please also take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.